rFactor 2?

Reece

• 1 year later...

Any news on whether these Mods/Tracks will be converted for rfactor2? The game itself has been ready a long while and with the recent new partnership with Studio397 it's going to receive a boost (DX11, VR, Documentation for Modders etc). Would be great if UKDirt could move forward with this at some point but I understand it could be a bit of work, but IMO very much worth it :) Thanks

RF2 has so many advanced features over rF1 that would make short circuit racing much better, it's beyond time to try something new. If not a move to RF2 then you will have to move on at some point anyway, thankfully someone has started a classic hot rod mod for Assetto Corsa which is proving to be a hit, hopefully that could sway some of you to change your minds.

Nice to see you know so much about RF2... Unfortunately 99% of the features you speak of are useless, hence the classics going to corsa. Being from that kind of background knowing the team behind the classics I know for a fact they would of gone rF2 if it was worthy of the cause, also 3 of the UKSom lads were on the rF2 dev team and one of them works for them so reality is that if the move was worthy enough we would all do it, reality is.... it isn't.

To put things into perspective for everyone, a huge percentage of people on here can hardly run rFactor and wish we still run heat! Until the user base gets big enough to move onto another platform we would have to stick with rFactor another few years anyway! In the meantime, iRacing brings those of us with a graphics card 'Dirt' at some point this month :D

the only reason cant be people PC's :glare:

Everyone is due a upgrade at some point just look at the gaming console lot every 5-6 years you get rinsed of £400-£500 then £55 a game for latest content.

Rfactors lasted ten years and originally payed £15 for the game all them years ago. PC is a cheap gaming platform in comparison.

People have to start spending some dollar at some point for improvements :rolleyes:

Edited by BaRkEr55

Nice to see you know so much about RF2... Unfortunately 99% of the features you speak of are useless, hence the classics going to corsa. Being from that kind of background knowing the team behind the classics I know for a fact they would of gone rF2 if it was worthy of the cause, also 3 of the UKSom lads were on the rF2 dev team and one of them works for them so reality is that if the move was worthy enough we would all do it, reality is.... it isn't.

To put things into perspective for everyone, a huge percentage of people on here can hardly run rFactor and wish we still run heat! Until the user base gets big enough to move onto another platform we would have to stick with rFactor another few years anyway! In the meantime, iRacing brings those of us with a graphics card 'Dirt' at some point this month :D

Vastly improved Tire Model

Chassis Flex

Better Weather

Fully Dynamic Road Surfaces

Improved AI (for those that like to race offline)

Hardly useless if you want to drive in game as close to the real thing as possible and then the aforementioned upcoming improvements from Studio397. Also who are the 3 UKSom guys that worked on RF2 please?

You can't live in the past on machines that can hardly run rf1, what are these same people on Windows XP still? Same tired argument when it was Heat -> rFactor1, people need to move with the times it's as simple as that, you can't stay on rF1 forever so be it RF2, Assetto Corsa, Automobilista or another game it needs to happen one day. As for a user base then surely it's already here? Anyone who wants to drive Short Ovals will have more luck finding you in a recent game/engine than one which is 10years old and not supported any more.

Rather than me giving you the information, lets play the game of you finding out which of the UKSom lads were on the dev teams, which one works for rFactor and whilst you at it work out which of our lads works for codemasters :king:

The complete utter reality is that this is the same argument as the Heat > rFactor debate, and if it was up to me and most of the other UKSom lads we would be moving onto a better sim, and the time will come where we do move however it is completely pointless moving onto rF2 as I already touched upon. The tyre model is great, completely agree. Dynamic track bull**** would only make the racing worse on short ovals as people don't like being tapped wide as it is. Chassis flex, yeah great!! Whoopdy fukin doo!! Lets have chassis flex on a sim that doesn't simulate inboard suspension. Thats any new F2 chassis out the window! Better weather, yet again a cool idea but if people struggle to drive around a dry shale track god help them in the snow! Ive raced leagues with weather plugins and its brilliant, I loved it, again the reality is that people dont like it because not everyone is to the same skill level/knowledge level. So again thats out of the window. As I said, and as all of the people with anything to do with modding will say.... Credit to the all the lads who moved the classics onto corsa... Theres no way any of the UKSom stuff will be moving onto anything else until a sim worthy of the huge man hours comes out.... whether its RF2 in the future or even if its something still in the pipelines

Rather than me giving you the information, lets play the game of you finding out which of the UKSom lads were on the dev teams, which one works for rFactor and whilst you at it work out which of our lads works for codemasters :king:

The complete utter reality is that this is the same argument as the Heat > rFactor debate, and if it was up to me and most of the other UKSom lads we would be moving onto a better sim, and the time will come where we do move however it is completely pointless moving onto rF2 as I already touched upon. The tyre model is great, completely agree. Dynamic track bull**** would only make the racing worse on short ovals as people don't like being tapped wide as it is. Chassis flex, yeah great!! Whoopdy fukin doo!! Lets have chassis flex on a sim that doesn't simulate inboard suspension. Thats any new F2 chassis out the window! Better weather, yet again a cool idea but if people struggle to drive around a dry shale track god help them in the snow! Ive raced leagues with weather plugins and its brilliant, I loved it, again the reality is that people dont like it because not everyone is to the same skill level/knowledge level. So again thats out of the window. As I said, and as all of the people with anything to do with modding will say.... Credit to the all the lads who moved the classics onto corsa... Theres no way any of the UKSom stuff will be moving onto anything else until a sim worthy of the huge man hours comes out.... whether its RF2 in the future or even if its something still in the pipelines

So you can't give me their names then? Surely that's easier unless you made that bit of information up? ;)

All of that is your opinion, which is fine, but as far as I'm aware you don't speak for the mod creators as you're just a user who's scared to embrace the future...or even present, good luck living in the past.

"All of that is your opinion, which is fine, but as far as I'm aware you don't speak for the mod creators as you're just a user who's scared to embrace the future...or even present, good luck living in the past."

:scared15:

Edited by lloydy89

All of that is your opinion, which is fine, but as far as I'm aware you don't speak for the mod creators as you're just a user who's scared to embrace the future...or even present, good luck living in the past.

Soooo you went there :thumbup: Most of the F2 stuff, engines and tyres are or include work of mine w/ Drumbstick and Grasser. I'm one of the main UKSom members, with huge links to mod and track updates including Belle Vue, Birmingham V2, 100% of the Arena Essex update.... I play a huge role within UKSom directing/managing the various updates worked on and have done for about 3 years now. I fill the the gap between something being made and it being delivered to people like you.... Also, im a head admin on here :king: Also, something pretty funny... I use to do my best and try help with the classic hotrods when I first got into racing hence my huge respect towards the move to Corsa... I was an admin :thumbup:

Also, this made up info will be backed up by 100% of this forum as its no secret that the following people had such a big part in rF2 and other games :shrug:

Mor - Codemasters

FreeW - rFactor, rF2 and other rF stuff

Drumb - rFactor, rF2 and iRacing (I will stand corrected on the iRacing stuff)

Grasser - rFactor and rF2

DanSkin, TomD, Hooty, bla bla bla bla bla

Check the rFactor and rF2 credits for there names :thumbup:

So we're 4 posts in and all you've shown is that you have played Assetto Corsa, and shown nothing but bulls*** towards the league/rFactor and anyone who still does anything for rFactor. The lack of knowledge towards anything oval on rFactor is brilliant I love it, and as you have seen me (a complete nobody who lies and knows nothing) discuss with Barker, modding for leagues like this has the issue of catering for people with all kinds of abilities and all kinda of budgets. Its unfortunate but its true. That's the reason you will find all of the big boys off all of the leagues including the Assetto Corsa classis hotrod lot playing iRacing....

Now as I originally said, rF2 is USELESS to anyone wanting to do this type of racing. When something worthy of a move comes out im sure UKSom, ELR, Sim-Stox and all of the others with modding groups will jump on it and get moving pretty sharpish. Lack of inboard suspension is useless to anyone wanting to make F2s, Hotrods or anything of that kind. Its useless to other modders as yet again it isnt made for contact racing and things such as bangers would be useless, thats why they are looking into next car game (which we all play). Anyone wanting to make tracks in rF2 will come to the same problem with dirt/shale tracks. rF1 has better capability for dirt with multi-grip functions as the dynamic line stuff in rF2 would do nothing but make the racing worse :coffee:

But please just take this one thing in... UKSom are not interested in doing anything with rF2. We ARE looking into other things ALL of the time, however rF2 and Assetto Corsa would not be a viable move for UKSOM Mods (F1, F2 & Minis).

Do you know what "nemesis" means? A righteous infliction of retribution manifested by an appropriate agent. Personified in this case by an 'orrible c***... Demonstone.

Edited by Wardieee

• 2 weeks later...
I've just stumbled on this and can I just say well done to all involved, a very entertaining read :appl:

and Arlington:

image.jpg

because I haven't seen you race rfactor in the 3 full seasons I've been at UKDirt

I agree with cb , was a great read haha

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..