WINDOWS 10 Update

Mav

I have updated my PC from Windows 7 to Windows 10 and everything went better than expected.

The PC now runs faster and is very responsive compared to Windows 7.

However, I have had a few issues with one of them being that when I clicked on my rFactor icon, nothing happened.

After researching on the rFactor forums, they suggested downloading version 1255g.

Having done that, the icon is now active and the games loads.

However, because I purchased the game prior to 2012, I now need to request a "key" from rFactor, so that I can activate the game again.

The 32 digit activation code I received back in 2010 is now invalid.

I am at present awaiting rFactor to respond to my "Key" request.

I am assuming that once I key in this new "Key" code that F1 & F2's etc will run as normal or will I have to download these mods again or is version 1255g not compatible with our mods?

Talking of Compatibility - I note that the "Compatibility" section of Windows 7 has now disappeared, therefore have I now lost anything that was stored there for rFactor?

Has anyone else been through this and found issues or have they any resolutions to the issues??

Not being that BRAVE yet Mav lol.

If all the files are still in the Rfactor? I cant see a problem as the mods are the same in the files it may just be Rfactor that has being updated to run on W10?

Keep us posted tho Mav as I was going to be BRAVE but chickened out lol.

If the Rfactor download Isn't an update but downloads as a separate game you will have to transfer the files from the old one to the new one, a simple copy and paste should do it.

When I get my "Key" and activate 1255g, I understand that I can copy the files, if the game works but is pointing to a different file, that is not a underlying problem for me.

The problem I fear I will face is that Windows 7 stored some files in a "Compatibility" folder which no longer exists (I can't find it anyway!) in Windows 10.

If I had some setups, or files I created during the course of the game, I no longer will have these.

As we are in the closed season, I have time to work out thinngs, but just wanted to know if anyone has been through the update and had some advice.

rFactor isn't the only game that won't run that I have and I am convinced it is down to these "Compatibility" files not being available. :banghead2:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..