UKDirt General Suggestions/Feedback

LeeK39

UKDirt General Suggestions/Feedback

With the 2017 season coming to a close, it is time to look forwards to 2018. And we are asking you, the members, to help us to improve UKDirt.

Firstly, we would like to hear your thoughts and feedback on the league this year.

Secondly, and just as importantly, we would like to hear your suggestions for next year.

All feedback and suggestions will be reviewed after the season has ended.

Please post below.

If for any reason you would prefer not to post publicly please private message LeeK39 or DanSkin.

This year been great

Things I'd say:

Maybe alternate on Tuesdays mods

Something like no deliberate spinning but that's way too hard to control maybe someone can add to this

F2 open to come back

Grasser to lend us his sound pack :thumbup:

And keep NZs. But no waiting or driving slowly

Edited by HGR#777

Is there possibly some scope for "New Drivers" to have a go try before you buy style. I feel like when I speak to people who would be interested that telling them the have to pay upfront to find out if they like it puts them off. Would an open practice session once every couple of weeks/once a month be possible? Could rotate mods etc.

think the drift state if the f2s is a big issue for me not here to hammer the good work of the guys that create the mods but they dont run like that in real life. i feel the mod is driven towards the higher graders

think this would appeal to newer members to who have no experince if it was roundy roundy and id hope it would promote cleaner racing

i also think more sever punishments should be in place for frequent offenders and have all mod dps considered for a more lenghty ban

minis ive no idea at this time

loonz no idea at this time

f1s id like better brakes and it to turn a little better ssj wing on tarmac too

slap an anchor on danskin hoggy and wardiee to name a few

some thing on a Friday maby like hotrods or some thing there is nothing non contact running currently

For some reason non contact seems to struggle here. From my own experience of helping Grasser run the Grasstrack and heading up the Dwarf Cars in the Winter. No one ever seems to want to race them. It sucks when you set up a meeting and only 2 people turn up.

some thing on a Friday maby like hotrods or some thing there is nothing non contact running currently

For some reason non contact seems to struggle here. From my own experience of helping Grasser run the Grasstrack and heading up the Dwarf Cars in the Winter. No one ever seems to want to race them. It sucks when you set up a meeting and only 2 people turn up.

5 straight days of meetings is too much some people have other family commitments etc

if anything alternating between loonz and minis on a weds and free up tuesday may be an option thats if minis get the nod for 2018

I'd like to see NZs Tuesday and loons Wednesday then 1 week minis is Tuesday then next week nothing then next week minis on Wednesday then next week nothing and back round again

So that means NZs get 3 outing, loons get 3, minis get 2, and F1s/F2s get 4 each 4 weeks

Edited by HGR#777

I race my f2 like it’s rear steer, the more it pushes the faster it goes (IMO). There’s no advantage or being sideways into the corner the way the tyre has been developed. In no way am I defending the more or the physics. We all have our preference and mine was 3 years ago when it was a lot more sideways haha.

The ideas we’re generally asking for are league based though. Not mod based, however as UKSom’s main bridge between you and them, I am ALWAYS available via this forum for requests ect. Dane and Grasser our two ‘current’ main f1/f2 modders are always happy to hear your thoughts when channeled correctly through myself. The wing updates weren’t planned to be the last update to the F1s, simply just an addition we had been working on. As for f2s Dane is working hard as always to hopefully bring new things to the mod for next year!

Back to UKDirt though, please keep the league based feedback coming. It’s the only way us admins and fellow members get to see people’s ideas and ultimately we can all agree we want to improve things because we all want to make the league better for ourselves! The better it is, the more fun we all get out of it! Don’t sit in silence, post away!

Why aren't we copying real life formats? Currently we've got an F2 Shootout going on with 8 people where's real life it's 15 Drivers. Same with formats of meetings, why do we have to have 3 heats in F1s? Why can't we run to the real thing formats in both formulas? Cuts down time on meetings and sometimes waiting around which everyone hates. This could also open up to bring back some of the double header meetings we used to have in the F2s, used to be nothing better than racing Coventry followed by NIR.

Bring in a full contact fun formula or something that is just fun like Cowies old outlaw mod which is relaxed on the rules and is all about having a laugh and having fun, maybe even the dreaded Bangers if there's a mod available to use.

Teamspeak.... Why isn't it mandatory? You don't have to talk, it can be muted during races but it'd get rid of a fair bit of stupidty and comments of "team racing" as everyone is in one place. It also makes it a lot easier and swifter to correct any issues that may occour during a meeting, if someones game has crashed and there's no one in the server to tell the steward that.

As Kris mentioned a try before you buy, a 2 or 3 meeting period which allows you to see what a real meeting is like and try out the formulas in a proper racing enviroment, start them off the back of the grid, a few car gaps behind the SS but also limit to 2 of them a meeting.

Most of all, bring back the FUN aspects of the league, all it seems to be now is everyone trying to wind eachother up or call someone an idiot for some reason or another. It's rare you see any nice comments in chat on the server now.

Other than that, keep doing what you're doing and running a great league! :thumbup:

everybody in teamspeak aint a bad shout think that would be good idea

I don't really wanna be hearing older men down the line though I'd rather be talking to irl mates

Edited by HGR#777

for 2018 To race saloons the way they should be raced and not like bangers!

I go to lots and lots of Saloon meetings and I see a lot worse in real life than I do online and the real racing will always inspire people on here.

Adding more rules is something that Jake has tried before. I wouldn’t say he failed, it’s just certainly something that won’t happen over night. It would be nice for yourself and Jake to maybe have a chat and come up with some ‘realistic’ changes you’d like to see, a little list or plan perhaps. I’m sure James and co would openly invite you to do that, and they would certainly welcome any help & ideas. It doesn’t have to be proposed here, via PM to LeeK or Dan with a CC of James sounds great!

I don't really wanna be hearing older men down the line though I'd rather be talking to irl mates

i dont wana be on a teamspeak with little children who think they know all but im prepared to sit in chat for the sakes of clarity during meetings

i dont wana be on a teamspeak with little children who think they know all but im prepared to sit in chat for the sakes of clarity during meetings

Why not follow the rule book an only have drivers in the F1-F2 who are of age to drive the said cars. This would also get rid of the 97% of the trouble in a flash as the kids who think they can drive a gokart are gone.

HGR you're remark just pointed out to pretty much all that you an you're TS pals don't care about any other drivers in this league which is down to age.

I Think the teamspeak would be the way forward as races could be called roll/go ect and also a little naming an shaming on TS would calm the big hitting muppets down a bit.

There is nothing wrong with the mods just a few who don't care to RACE just think bumper=BANGER racing.

Feedback this year:

Great racing & professionally run

Feedback for next year:

-Yellow flags in championship racing drawn at a random lap ? possible random number generator etc to keep it fair ?

This will stop all the championships being won on the first bend as currently and spice it up a little allowing people who are not on the front 2-3 rows a decent chance of winning.

-Saloon contact to be limited to allow some decent racing to be had and not all the lap downs /constant follow ins.

More damage in the ones

More night time racing

I understand this might be way to much work but as this a suggestion thread i'll say it anyway. Make fences of the track slow cars down more (some tracks already have this i think)

I think more damage on cars , and fences that actually hinder (in stead of just wallriding around and flat out hit the next bend) you might over time stop some of the OTT that sometimes go on.

Personally i would like the meetings to start half an hour earlier, as it would allow me to do more meeting in the F2 aswell. With time time difference it can get quite late sometimes, and with an early start each morning it's just to much.

As for the nz's. I've seen some suggestions to ban the team race element (blocking) of it. I personally think this would be a shame as it's such a big part of nz racing.

I do however understand that somebody who's constantly doing it :scared15: might get a bit boring. So maybe restrict the blocking to meeting finales only?

And plan the World Final a week after the real one please :thumbs_up:

I agree with Jake where he's talking about the format of meetings being run the same as real life.

The only one I disagree with is the f1 euro cause its one of the only major championships that the lower graded drivers had a bigger chance of winning and now its just the same as the british.

Messer point system may need looking at only if everyone agrees maybe having them removed at the end of the year unless they get over a certain amount over the course of the season...

Only a couple of things I'd really like to see something done with as think overall there isn't too much wrong with the league

F1s - like marten suggests, either more damage or stickier fences (thinking Bradford style). This might produce better racing and stop some of the OTT stuff as if you stick someone in the fence they will stay there but you then run the risk of getting payback in the same way. Currently this isn't an issue at most tracks as you can get away with bouncing off the fence or wall riding thus not having to worry about any consequence (losing a fair but of time/losing a points place) of any payback.

It could also make lower graders think twice about firing blues/reds/ss in after getting passed cleanly as they will know next time they wont get passed cleanly but end up in the fence themselves thus having a proper consequence to their actions, just like in real life. Obviously this would also apply to anyone getting passed cleanly by a faster car.

NZs - cut down on the team racing in the normal meetings by allowing no blocking or waiting for other cars until half race distance, this would mean people would have to try race from the off. Don't think it should be banned altogether as having read FWJs new book he says a lot of the NZ lads went out to stop him winning and the English lads would help him so it does happen in real life

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..