UKDirt General Suggestions/Feedback

LeeK39

UKDirt General Suggestions/Feedback

With the 2018 season coming to a close, it is time to look forwards to 2019. And we are asking both current members and non members to help us to improve UKDirt. There are a few ways for you to send us suggestions, simply by posting below, contacting us via Facebook or using the suggestions section within our Discord channel. Please note this is open to both members and non member for suggestions.

Firstly, we would like to hear your thoughts and feedback on the league this year.

Secondly, and just as importantly, we would like to hear your suggestions for next year.

All feedback and suggestions will be reviewed after the season has ended.

Please post below.

If for any reason you would prefer not to post publicly please private message LeeK39

I’d like a more go round a corner f2 rather than drifting I’d say it will be an extreme and radical and fresh change to the f2 mod should close the gap between everybody needs to be more like the superstoxs but a bit more aggressive with the tightness of how it goes round the corner

Hoping changes can be made as I’d quite like to make a return

• 2 weeks later...

1 .i would like to see some races at night time. the game is quite old now surely most people who race have a decent set up to handle night races with no shadows etc

2. I also i would like to see more heats for the F2,s (3 heats, final and GN)

3. computer generater for picking numbers for grids.

4. fixed set ups F1 & F2 (down to driver ability only) or take some stuff out of the set up and have a more base alrounder for everybody

5. no game pads to control the car (wheel only)

6. no car chase view

I’d like a more go round a corner f2 rather than drifting I’d say it will be an extreme and radical and fresh change to the f2 mod should close the gap between everybody needs to be more like the superstoxs but a bit more aggressive with the tightness of how it goes round the corner

Did you ever race the 1st version of the F2s? The first versions were waaaaaay more sideways than the current incarnation. If anything id say this version is easy enough to drive them sideways or keep them very tidy much like Dan and Wardieee do, personally I will slide the car in with the brake but if you've watched Dan and Wardieee closely you'll see in the main part they brake in a straight line into the corner and rotate the car early/mid corner to exit the corner. 'Close the gap' is never really going to happen in reality, we ran Ministox with very little to o setup adjustment and still had 0.2/0.3 difference in pace between the front and the back.

1 .i would like to see some races at night time. the game is quite old now surely most people who race have a decent set up to handle night races with no shadows etc

4. fixed set ups F1 & F2 (down to driver ability only) or take some stuff out of the set up and have a more base alrounder for everybody

6. no car chase view

1) Night time races are a consideration and yes machine specs have improved alot since the early rFactor release, just as a side note though, some of the drivers will already know this, those who run a nVidia 980ti gfx card have to change their settings as the game freezes when you use night races. So its not all straight down to machine specs in some cases. A consideration worth discussing though for sure.

2) Fair comment, would bring them into line with the F1s.

3) Finals in the main are gridded, I assume your talking heats etc, if so surely by now we should all be able to regulate ourselves to not line up in the same position all the time?

4) Fixed setups are an interesting thought, although could leads to some arguments as to what the fixed setup should actually be etc. I would agree with regards to the F2s, that the amount of upgrades and setup changes that are available are a big excessive currently.

5) Sorry but this wont be happening, we have always said and always will continue allowing anyone to run with whatever control method they wish to do so with to try and not alienate possible members.

6) As above really.

Thanks for all the comments thus far, the more the merrier.

Did you ever race the 1st version of the F2s? The first versions were waaaaaay more sideways than the current incarnation. If anything id say this version is easy enough to drive them sideways or keep them very tidy much like Dan and Wardieee do, personally I will slide the car in with the brake but if you've watched Dan and Wardieee closely you'll see in the main part they brake in a straight line into the corner and rotate the car early/mid corner to exit the corner. 'Close the gap' is never really going to happen in reality, we ran Ministox with very little to o setup adjustment and still had 0.2/0.3 difference in pace between the front and the back.

6. no car chase view

1) Night time races are a consideration and yes machine specs have improved alot since the early rFactor release, just as a side note though, some of the drivers will already know this, those who run a nVidia 980ti gfx card have to change their settings as the game freezes when you use night races. So its not all straight down to machine specs in some cases. A consideration worth discussing though for sure.

2) Fair comment, would bring them into line with the F1s.

3) Finals in the main are gridded, I assume your talking heats etc, if so surely by now we should all be able to regulate ourselves to not line up in the same position all the time?

4) Fixed setups are an interesting thought, although could leads to some arguments as to what the fixed setup should actually be etc. I would agree with regards to the F2s, that the amount of upgrades and setup changes that are available are a big excessive currently.

5) Sorry but this wont be happening, we have always said and always will continue allowing anyone to run with whatever control method they wish to do so with to try and not alienate possible members.

6) As above really.

Thanks for all the comments thus far, the more the merrier.

thanks for replying leek,

1. good to see the night races are a consideration, would bring it more upto date as real life.

3. yes i was meaning races that are not used in championship format.

4. if i had to choose a formula for a more fixed set up it would be the f2,s i hope something comes out of that if its possible.

5&6. understand, also the fixed set up,s would interest more ex racers back as i know some of old uk dirters would race again if this was the case, to much complication in full suspension set up puts people off racing along with extras like axle lead etc etc. i understand that we want the game to be as real as possible but at the same time it is a game and is there for the stockcar fan to turn up and race without the hours of practice etc, these again are all wasted IF there is an update on any MOD.

ie. myself in this case, i work late now, got a family, My time is limited now so i cant practice as much as i used to 10 years ago, hence why i gave up for a while, its nice just to arrive and drive, then there is a hope of competing rather than just making the numbers up in a race.

that would bring if not new faces but some of the old ones back too that i spoke to about the mod.

Discipline, discipline & more discipline.

UKD have lost so many people due to other members being clowns.

I know for a fact there's people who won't race here because of certain people doing whatever they please because they know nothing gets done about it.

I myself have lost lost interest and wasn't planning on racing anything because i don't see the point of showing up to get 1 corner before someone decides to be a clown and take you out for no reason.

As far as i was aware the aim of the game was to race to win and not just to have a demolition derby.

I mean:

Going on oppo

Braking people up

Leaning people into tyres/fence

Waiting on people

Team racing

Now they are all pretty pathetic things to do and it's not exactly setting a good example for new members.

I know for a fact there's people who won't race here because of certain people doing whatever they please because they know nothing gets done about it.

I myself have lost lost interest and wasn't planning on racing anything because i don't see the point of showing up to get 1 corner before someone decides to be a clown and take you out for no reason.

As far as i was aware the aim of the game was to race to win and not just to have a demolition derby.

I mean:

Going on oppo

Braking people up

Waiting on people

Team racing

Now they are all pretty pathetic things to do and it's not exactly setting a good example for new members.

Is this a generalization or just something more specific as I cant say I remember seeing any oppo or waiting on people in F1s or F2s that had been seen and gone un-punished?

I mean:

Going on oppo

Braking people up

Waiting on people

Team racing

Is this a generalization or just something more specific as I cant say I remember seeing any oppo or waiting on people in F1s or F2s that had been seen and gone un-punished?

This is exactly what I was telling you in my PM leek. Hopefully it makes more sense now

I mean:

Going on oppo

Braking people up

Waiting on people

Team racing

This is exactly what I was telling you in my PM leek. Hopefully it makes more sense now

Its not though really is it, when you mentioned was I assume F1s and F2s but I believe what Dane is commenting on is Saloons, Ill wait to see Danes reply though to confirm that. With regards to discipline Admin always act upon complaints sent in, I can 100% assure everyone if a complaint is sent the replays do get reviewed, just because it might seen someone didn't get a ban or disciplinary points doesn't mean the incident(s) weren't reviewed.

My recommendations after many years:

1. 3 Heats/Final + GN (all formula's) It can be a very short night and meeting wrapped up in 40-50 mins sometimes, people spend longer practising. Without the cost restrictions/tyres and time restraints which hinder real life think it will make weeks night worth racing a little more.

2. Reduced costs for new members not more expensive memberships the newer you are (Never understood this)

3. Fix the saloon mod to prevent the bouncing or run a different mod (Danny bell would of been world champ)

4. 1 discord channel for all during the meeting

5. More variations of tracks (Dutch tracks/Crimond/Knockhill/Ringwood) without the real life politics i am sure these tracks would be used. Its fun to race something slightly different to the norm once in a while.

Edited by BaRkEr55

I mean:

Going on oppo

Braking people up

Waiting on people

Team racing

+1

• 1 year later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..