psp9 help

Wargasm

Okay heres the story

I want to imprint part of a image into a word but i only want the parts of the image that would be covered by the letters to remain at the end.

I.E I have written wargasm over an image of flames. i have made the word layer into an overlay so the flames show through.

now all i need to do is imprint how the flames are showing through so i can move the flamed word on without the rest of the flame image.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

cheers War

Okay heres the story

I want to imprint part of a image into a word but i only want the parts of the image that would be covered by the letters to remain at the end.

I.E I have written wargasm over an image of flames. i have made the word layer into an overlay so the flames show through.

now all i need to do is imprint how the flames are showing through so i can move the flamed word on without the rest of the flame image.

Any help on this would be very much appreciated

cheers War

one way to do it is.......

set the flames in their own layer, then copy the text and paste as floating selection in a new layer over the flames as you want to clip out, then switch to the flame layer and edit>copy. This takes the selected area around the text (the dotted line), then copies that selection from the flame layer (coz u made that current by switching to it). You can now paste the text-shaped flame-cut-from thingy as a new selection. ish. if you get me

:thumbup:

thats about how i did this ...... best wishes, good luck - attached was a similar technique :042:

post-32-1146332229.jpg

Edited by wrighty496

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..