desperatly needed

crash happy

sorry if this has been posted like a million times but can some one give me an idiots guide to painting cars white and keeping the outlines of door handles etc ive been trying to do this for about a week now and i just cant get it right :shrug:

cheers if anyone can help

To be honest m8 i use photoshop and i find that to get white put the saturation right down so the car is grey then put the lightness up till u almost loose the lines i no its not a pure brilliant white but it looks ok from what ive sussed out . sorry if im not much help! and i dont no if its the same as psp but hey worth a post.

cheers

steve :thumbs_up:

Edited by nemesis

Merge all of the body panel layers in photoshop, desaturate them. Create a new blank layer. Change the layer type to an overlay. Start painting on the overlay any colour you wish and the lines should stay on the car. Merge all signs onto the overlay at the end to have all the signs showing the lines through.

cheers

sparky

IDIOTS GUIDE TO A WHITE CAR...OR BITS OF CAR.

DONT BOTHER using paintshop or photoshop,,,use Micrografx/Igrafx Picture Publisher...any version from 7 onwards...much easier to use and far better suited to skinpainting.

1.open template file.

2. select image properties....click on saturation and move slider to de-saturate to produce a greyed image.

3. then in image editor select lighten...and adjust "pressure" to about 40 or 45" and apply.

4. the white painted car can now be saved or other bits added...

Typical time taken to do the above..less than a minute.

thats basically how u do it in photoshop and paintshop pro! anyprogrammes suitable just takes a little trial and error to get right theres no right or wrong way to doing this just play untill it looks good! :scared15:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..