Sky Broadband

Tricky88

From what I can gather you have to subscribe to their phone system as well as TV, not sure on the cost of that though.

Whilst on the subject of broadband, anyone on Virgin's £14.99 tariff can upgrade to a 1Mb connection free of charge if you haven't already.

Edited by Nick M48

Well the letter I got only two days ago, didn't give the impression you have to sign up for there phone service. All it said was because I am a sky customer I can have there broadband for virtually nothing.

From what I can gather you have to subscribe to their phone system as well as TV, not sure on the cost of that though.

Whilst on the subject of broadband, anyone on Virgin's £14.99 tariff can upgrade to a 1Mb connection free of charge if you haven't already.

on Bt Broadband we was on 2.2MB and we got free upgrade to 8MB :rolleyes:

Well the letter I got only two days ago, didn't give the impression you have to sign up for there phone service. All it said was because I am a sky customer I can have there broadband for virtually nothing.

that was the way i read it too :shrug:

I haven't looked into the small print I must admit, I was just given that impression, if anyone does look into this properly please could you let us all know.

Here's the terms and conditions from their website, no mention of taking out their phone service. No good to me though as where I live isn't within their network coverage yet.

Minimum subscription to your chosen Sky Broadband Product is 12 months. You must be a UK active residential Sky TV subscriber throughout your Sky Broadband subscription. Sky Broadband is only available to Sky TV subscribers paying by Direct Debit/continuous credit card mandate. Availability and speeds are subject to your location, a compatible line, equipment and survey.

Monthly subscription: Base - Free; Mid - £5; Max - £10; Connect - £17. Activation fee: Base - £40; Mid - £20; Max – free; Connect – £40. SHS Home Installation: Free if you subscribe to Sky Broadband Max, otherwise £50. Prices subject to change.

Monthly usage limit: Base: 2GB; Mid – 40GB; Max – Unlimited subject to Fair Usage Policy; Connect – 40GB. Maximum download speed: Base – up to 2Mb; Mid – up to 8Mb; Max – up to 16Mb; Connect – up to 8Mb. Maximum upload speed: Base – up to 400Kb; Mid – up to 400Kb; Max – up to 768Kb; Connect – up to 448Kb.

If your PC or laptop is not wireless enabled you can buy the necessary equipment from Sky.

If you are a PC user you will receive 12 months free McAfee Internet Security Suite worth £49.98. If you are a MAC user you will receive 12 months free McAfee Virex worth £29.99.

Eligibility and other terms apply.

Savings apply to Sky TV customers choosing a standalone broadband product and assume that you are not in the minimum term of a broadband contract.

Information correct at July 2006.

I went with pipex. Got the offer of £17.99 a month for unlimited 2mb Broadband and 3000 minutes talk time per month included through phone line. Had it 3 months now without a glitch.

Would never get Broadband through Tiscali.

Or BT, after they ripped me off and gave me crap service and customer care. :thumbs_down:

All off them are now getting you to sign up for the phone line too for their good offers.

Edit:PS Not tied for 12 months either, just a small setup fee.

Edited by splinter

If you want to try high speed broadband then look no further than Virgin.

Pacjage 2 upto 8meg speed for £17.49 a month and no 12th month contract.

If you dont rate it you just try another but you won't have been tied to a 12 month contract

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..