Track Polys

Dirtnz

hey guys

like it was mentioned in another topic the waiakaraka track has some online issues as well as rotorua one of the newer ones what i was wondering was how many polys is to many for creating a track i just need this reference to see if i have gone over and by how much so i can alter the tracks to better suit online gaming so if anyones got any idea could you please let me know so i can get to work on it.

thanks.

Dirtnz..

My Arena essex track is around 4600 polys, I feel that that is very close to the online limit, I've been told that it is too much for private servers to handle. The other factor is texture sizes, these should be kept as small as possible, If only the guys in the know could figure out how the level of detail works in the original Nascar heat tracks ie: when you turn down the detail slider you lose some trackside objects, all our problems would then be solved.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..