PC start up.

mcrew

My pc either starts up fine, or it plays up, and the actual tower/ box goes through the proper motions of running, but the monitor just 'flicks' on and off.

When it does this, you can see the desktop, but the screen continaly 'flicks' between being black like when it is switched off and the desktop when on. :shrug:

Ive just opened the tower up and removed a cricket ball sized clump of fur/dust/crud and blown the box out for good measure and it all started fine

Oh and it does this for a while, then runs like normal for a few days, then ity plays up again. Has anyone else had this problem?

I just changed over from my Kate Moss thin, LCD, all singing and dancing monitor to the wardrobe sized thing off my old pc and it works fine. And yes, the sodding warranty has run out :banghead2:

Guess I know whats going to be on my Xmas list to Santa this year.....

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..