The Aycliffe Project

Riggster

The first massive update... The Aycliffe Project now runs to two pages online and plenty more to come. Now online:

The Aycliffe Project front page

• Three video downloads
  • 1985 F1 Semi Final Programme PDF
  • 1989 Last Ever Programme PDF
  • Short Circuit Article - Aycliffe: The Beginning (by Carlton Elliot)
  • Aycliffe Now
  • Aycliffe Odds and Sods

The Aycliffe Project - The End

• An Aycliffe Sunset - Photos taken the week after the last meeting
  • The Letter Of Doom - Response from Durham County Council to the petition
  • Stoxworld News Story - breaking the news of the stadium's impending closure
  • The Last Ever Programme (again!)
  • Goodbye F1 - A look back at the last ever F1 aycliffe meeting

My thanks must go to everyone involved in the Aycliffe Project behind the scenes (if you feel you would like to be involved, please get in touch). Also - many many thanks to Colin Elmer of Stoxworld, Carlton Elliot and Short Circuit Magazine for their permissions to use the articles :thumbup:

Click Here... THE AYCLIFFE PROJECT

bloody superb rigg m8 :thumbup::thumbup:

i went there quite a lot as a kid so im told cant remember much but defo remember going to the 1988 semi final just before it closed and was a great days of action r.i.p Aycliffe gone but never forgotten :thumbup::thumbup:

lol next project rigg is to get it moddled for uk dirt legends on a friday would be wooooohoooooooooo MAGIC :thumbup:

Great stuff Chris, as an ever present through the late 70's until the end as spectator, mechanic and one time only driver (mechanics race), that brought back some memories. I'm off to dig out my old photo's right now.

Thanks to all involved in putting this together.

Thanks everyone... This is a real team effort, and the quality of the info on the site is all down to that. Lot's more to come in future :thumbup:

lol next project rigg is to get it moddled for uk dirt legends on a friday would be wooooohoooooooooo MAGIC :thumbup:

Suprised it's never been done with all the old Aycliffe regulars around here... If anyone wants to take it on, I can provide plenty of photos, videos etc... :unsure:

• 3 months later...

Massive Update...

• Big Al's photos of the site as it is today
  • The Stockcar Supporter photo archive (more being added here later this week)
  • Aycliffe People photos
  • Bell's New View
  • Driver's views
  • The Aycliffe Timeline
  • Document Archive
So many people to thank for this... Paul Jenkins, Stuart Bell, John Lund (95), Ian Higgins, Joe Jopling, Richie Monkhouse, Ron and Cissy Deane, Al Wilson, Lesley Tate, Brian Watson, Neill Holdsworth, Carlton Elliot, Andy Hirst and anyone else who has been involved in any way in the Aycliffe Project!

Cheers all :thumbup:

THE AYCLIFFE PROJECT

:appl:

The Ayciffe Project is a superb site.

Loads of old photos and I particually liked the Cine film from 1966 , did you spot the Morris 1000 in amongst all those Y Fords and E93A Anglias.

Nice History of an obviously popular , if bumpy, little track.

Best bit for me was the epic battle between Wallace and Taylor in the F2`s , reminded me what Small Oval Racings all about.

:2: Biffo

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..