trying to play SOD

Vixtro

So I wanted to try out that SOD mod for Carmageddon 2 and I got the 3.2 version that has the game with it but when ever I try to run it I get these 2 pop up that prevent me from playing it:

IPB Image

Do you guys know what they mean and how I can fix it so I can play the game :shrug:

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=16767

go to this post, there are a load of links to patches etc

best bet is to install carma2 then patch sod v4 over the top. i never got the 3.2 complete version runnin properly to be honest.

also the game doesn't like to have joypads plugged in for some reason and needs to be run in 640 x 480 resolution sometimes too

xTx

Edited by xTx

Good stuff there and I tried it but I still got that Brender error so now I got GlideWrapper but I have no idea how to use it and the instructions with it are near useless :shrug:

don't need to read the instructions just install glide wrapper any were on harddrive,on the sod laucher there will now be an option to select 3dfx(Glide) choose that then clik launch,if that don't work then right clik on carma2 icon,on the carma 2 properties clik on compatibility tick the run in 640x480 resolution,do the same on the carma2_hw icon

Yea glide makes it so you can pick the 3dfx(Glide) option in the middle but then it still brings up the Brender error, unable to allocate main front screen.

:shrug:

did you try the other option aswell about running in 640x480 resolution ?if it still don't work then might be your graphics card not liking sod or graphic card drivers :shrug:

Yea I've tried 640x480 resolution and running in compatibility for windows 95 & 98/ME. My graphics card is a Nivida Riva TNT 2 Model 64 which is old and crud.

Ah well never mind ay :rolleyes:

:2: For all the help!

Yea I've tried 640x480 resolution and running in compatibility for windows 95 & 98/ME. My graphics card is a Nivida Riva TNT 2 Model 64 which is old and crud.

Ah well never mind ay :rolleyes:

:2: For all the help!

no probs

Edited by chris

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..