How do you make a new wheel?

pazza

:coffee:

i was wondering if anybody knows how to make a new wheel and add it to the game. i've got this chrome wheel template and i've got the picture square-on of the new wheel. can i just add the new picture on top of the template? where will this new wheel tga file go to get it in the game? i think this new cosworth wheel would go nicely on the sierra banger.

any help much appreciated

cheers

pazza

post-1155-1160898762.jpeg

post-1155-1160898772.jpg

Edited by pazza

like this...

post-1155-1160899612.jpg

like this...

erm you've done the easy bit m8 :) (looks good btw)....the rest of it is done in max....map the texture onto the wheel, create the mod files, then pack it all into the common.res i'm afraid, its a bit of a faff (took me ages to do the rod wheels and some of em need doing again)

good luck :) ....... Wrighty

i think i'll give it a miss then! :rofl:

thanks for your help anyway

pazza

Here's a post I wrote on the editing forum a while back...

DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE THOUGH, IT MAY CAUSE CHEAT MESSAGES

Hi FBF, I've uploaded the 3dmax model for the wheel I use here . I've also uploaded the template that contains most of the banger wheels here.

I'll use "fbf" as an example name for your new wheel, so just substitute that with whatever name you want to use(don't make the name too long though otherwise the game will crash)

Add the picture of your wheel to the template I have attached save it as a tga then apply it to the wheel model in 3dmax, export the wheel as the following .mods

fbf1.mod

fbf1f.mod

fbf2.mod

fbf2f.mod

fbf3.mod

fbf3f.mod

fbf4.mod

fbf4f.mod

fbf5.mod

fbf5f.mod

convert the tga for your wheel into a .tex calling it "fbf.tex"

Crack a .car file that has wheels in it (one of Freds new cars has them) copy the .tab file from there and rename it "fbf.tab"

Change the appropriate lines in the physics file for your car, add all of these wheel files to your .car compile it and hey presto it should work.

Instead of adding the files to the car you could also unpack the Part.res file and add them into that instead so the wheels could be used on any car by adding the correct line to the drivers.txt.

DO NOT USE THIS ONLINE THOUGH, IT MAY CAUSE CHEAT MESSAGES

EDIT: I posted this in between Wrighty posting lol

Edited by Nick M48

thanks Nickm

that's a bit complicated for an amateur like me! :blink:

i'll leave it open for anyone who wants a go - feel free!

cheers

pazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..