Painted skins on car but not in correct places

garfie

Been attepmting to paint my own skins, and complete a couple, saved them as TGA files, then converted them to mtex files and put thme in the corresponding mod folders and completed the driver text file. when came to race, selected my painted car, all fine, then when the start of the race came on, i got the correct chassis, but the the skin was not on the car, but just the page u get in the paintshop when u are painting it i.e the page was just attached to the car, if u understand?! my sound confusing, but hard to expain. sorry if it doesn't make any sense, but any ideas?

Cheers, Garfie

Does it look like the template has been "draped" over the car? If so, you might want to check that you have saved it the right way round. Ie. If you rotated it during painting, that you have returned it to its original view.

Edited by erik

hi mate i had this problem with my first few skins and i found that paint shop pro doesnt save tga files properly and they appear messed up in game. so i always convert to a tga in photoshop and then its fine. cheers, damo.

hi mate i had this problem with my first few skins and i found that paint shop pro doesnt save tga files properly and they appear messed up in game. so i always convert to a tga in photoshop and then its fine. cheers, damo.

All my skins are done in PSP and I have no problems with them not saving correct. The only issue I have is that sometimes the text appeaars a little blurry :shrug:

Been attepmting to paint my own skins, and complete a couple, saved them as TGA files, then converted them to mtex files and put thme in the corresponding mod folders and completed the driver text file. when came to race, selected my painted car, all fine, then when the start of the race came on, i got the correct chassis, but the the skin was not on the car, but just the page u get in the paintshop when u are painting it i.e the page was just attached to the car, if u understand?! my sound confusing, but hard to expain. sorry if it doesn't make any sense, but any ideas?

Cheers, Garfie

Did u convert them to tex or mtex (as you put)? Dunno if it makes a difference or not?

Also, are you saving as 24 bit uncompressed as well?

as tex now,as i couldn't get mtex to work and eric very kindly sent me the tga to tex file, also dunno how to change it to save them as 24 bit uncompressed

:unsure:

Have no idea what mtex is, always converted to .tex :shrug:

When you save as tga, in the save as box you will have a tab that says 'options', you can edit it all in there

:thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..