Mk1 Triumph 2000

pazza

i tried putting a Mk1 grille on the Mk2 but it didn't work :banghead2:

the Mk2 chassis goes in at the front whereas the Mk1 goes out, so it looks weird.

if any1 wants a go, the picture of the Mk1 front is attached

oh well...

:scared15:

post-1155-1161683299.jpg

post-1155-1161683417.jpg

Edited by pazza

The front wings, front panel and bonnet are different, as well as the boot the back panel and rear quarters are also different. On Mk1's the boot is made up out of most of the back panel, with the rear lights sitting in a small part of the back panel/rear quarter panels.

Technicaly the diff housing as well as the swinging arms are different, as to run MK2 rims, you have to run MK2 swinging arms, else the inside of the rear tyres rubs on the shock absorbers ;) ( just incase you ever get lucky to race one in real life).

For it to look right, the car would have to be completely re-modeled.

If any-one was going to go to the trouble, would it not be better to make a Mk1 trummy estate, as that would look miles different to the MK2 saloon that we currently have ? :shrug: ( hint, hint) :rofl:

Edited by mcrew

The front wings, front panel and bonnet are different, as well as the boot the back panel and rear quarters are also different. On Mk1's the boot is made up out of most of the back panel, with the rear lights sitting in a small part of the back panel/rear quarter panels.

Technicaly the diff housing as well as the swinging arms are different, as to run MK2 rims, you have to run MK2 swinging arms, else the inside of the rear tyres rubs on the shock absorbers ;) ( just incase you ever get lucky to race one in real life).

For it to look right, the car would have to be completely re-modeled.

If any-one was going to go to the trouble, would it not be better to make a Mk1 trummy estate, as that would look miles different to the MK2 saloon that we currently have ? :shrug: ( hint, hint) :rofl:

You sad git!

:rofl: No Worries.

Can honestly say I do not like Trummies, my old man used to rant and rave about em when he used to race aswell!

They where well cool.....you could hide scaffold tube up the inner wings. :rolleyes:

It probably boils down to the era I come from. :blink: Whats the fuss with these new fangled MK1 granada things anyway? :rofl:

Well here is a mk1 trummy raced at Taunton WF

[attachmentid=10492]

Pic from www.timandalex.com

Sash

i went to that meeting! i tried to get some square on pics of that car, but everyone was crowding round it in the pits. that was the Alternative World final - it was pure quality! very nice car.

pazza

Edited by pazza

:rofl: No Worries.

Can honestly say I do not like Trummies, my old man used to rant and rave about em when he used to race aswell!

They where well cool.....you could hide scaffold tube up the inner wings. :rolleyes:

It probably boils down to the era I come from. :blink: Whats the fuss with these new fangled MK1 granada things anyway? :rofl:

:rofl:

1. They look better

2. Do they need any other reasons!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..