3D Max Questions

Rikard

Hello, :042:

2 questions,

In max when you move or rotate your view the objects in the scene stay "normal" but I accidentally pressed a load of keys by mistake and don't know what I done, iv re-set max but it hasn't cured the problem, the problem is this:

When I move about, I press the middle mouse button (scroller wheel) and press left/right Alt, when this happens the objects disappear and are replaced with these box outlines while moving :shrug:

Stationary

[attachmentid=10558]

While moving my view of the objects go like this....

[attachmentid=10559]

As I said it was fine before I pressed all the keys, and resetting max doesn’t cure it.

My second question is:

If I have an object, a wheel for example, I select it and want to move my view around it, but the "view rotation" I think is centered to rotate around the centre of the scene, but I want it to rotate around the object, the object being the centre.

Example, currently I have a wheel in a scene like this;

[attachmentid=10560]

As I rotate my view to see the other side of the wheel, because the view rotation isn't centred to the wheel the view goes way off course

[attachmentid=10561]

So can anyone please tell me how to centre the rotation to the wheel?

Thanks very much for reading :thumbs_up:

Any help truly appreciated :king:

Rikard :2:

post-775-1161966815_thumb.jpg

post-775-1161966826_thumb.jpg

post-775-1161967088_thumb.jpg

post-775-1161967191_thumb.jpg

Usually to completely reset max, find the .UI files and delete them, when you restart max it should make some new default ones.

To rotate the view around the selected object, left click and hold down the rotate tool button and choose one of the other rotate methods that pop up.

[attachmentid=10563]

post-113-1161969971_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..