junk emails

TRAV365

No chance i'm afraid trav (as some techie probably proves me wrong!)

If it was all coming from the same email account then it'd be easy but i'd probably say that the emails are from hundreds of different addy's, and most of the topic title's are just slightly different to what there selling so won't be classed as junk emails IE- v1agra or superdrugggs market etc etc

There is no 'foolproof' way of stopping junk/spam email I'm afraid, all you can do is take precautions.

To start with, what anti-virus are you running? Personally I use Norton Internet Suite (not just the anti-virus) which has a built in spam filter. Ok it wont stop all junk email, but my tweaking the filter and reporting email as spam you will help stop more coming in.

Also, if you run a website and you have your email address totally visible (i.e click on it and it takes you straight to your email client) then any robot/computer is able to do the same. To safeguard against this, dont make email links clickable, make people have to type the address in manually. Yes I know it's much easier to just click a link and by disabling this option may be offputting to some people, but doing this really does help against automated junk mail.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..