help needed converting to a tex file

Guest wozzy

hi guys, just got adobe photoshop and made my very first skin,which i've managed with the help of the guides on here and uk dirt etc to do a hopefully fairly decent job! however i am now having problems converting from a tga file to a tex file, read the guide on uk dirt and the skin painting forum, downloaded the converter from uk dirt but im not doing something right! probably missing something really easy, need a step by step guide for a dummies like me! any help would be great

Best way i find is to create a new folder on your dektop named Converter, put the MKTEX converter into this folder.

Put your .tga file into the same folder.

Run the command prompt programme (found in Start - All Programs - Accesories

Type the following.

CD Desktop (hit enter, should bring up a new line)

CD Converter (hit enter, should bring up a new line)

MKTEX car???.tga car???.tex

(??? being your number, hit enter and it should work, the command prompt doesnt actually tell u it has worked u need to check in the Converter folder for the .tex file)

Any probs just add me to messenger theboss295@hotmail.com

:thumbs_up:

Thanks mate for reply, done what you said so i now know im doing that bit right, but it came up as unable to open file so maybe i've done something wrong further back so gonna do another skin and try again! i may be back :unsure:

Thanks mate for reply, done what you said so i now know im doing that bit right, but it came up as unable to open file so maybe i've done something wrong further back so gonna do another skin and try again! i may be back :unsure:

heres how u do it m8

post-451-1163186156_thumb.jpg

post-451-1163186168_thumb.jpg

post-451-1163186179_thumb.jpg

post-451-1163186190_thumb.jpg

post-451-1163186206_thumb.jpg

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..