Stateside Small Oval Racing

Biffo

Hi All

Just got back from Florida and thought I`d share my trip to the local Raceway with you.

I`d seen the racing at the Sunshine Raceway Tampa a few years back, which included School Bus Racing,

and Outlaw Sprint Cars etc. Unfortunately after some forty years of existance the stadium was closed to make way for a new highway.

We`d done all the Disney stuff previously when the kids were smaller so after visiting too many shopping malls I thought it was time to go racing.

Orlando Speedworld is located on Highway 50 , some 10 miles East of Interstate 4, just outside Orlando in a small town called Bithlo. Racing takes place Friday and Saturday nights.

Admission $10 (£6) . The track is well floodlit and slightly bigger than a quarter mile with banked straights and banked corners, looking a bit bowl shaped.

We got there late and missed some of the heats but where were all the spectators?You could have fitted us all into a large bus shelter!

Turned out that the previous night was the final meet for their Stock Car Season and tonight was the turn of the Legends, Bandoleros, and Hurricanes .

[attachmentid=11442]

Bandoleros are basicly Stock Karts driven by the kids from 10 years old up but were pretty fast and well prepared.

[attachmentid=11444]

Legends, well there just like our Legends really had up to 18 in each race and were fast.

[attachmentid=11443]

Hurricanes were more like non-contact Bangers with about 12 in a race, would have liked it better if they drove them as Bangers should be raced!

[attachmentid=11446]

Overall thought it not a bad night for £6 but all the races were over 12 laps and as soon as anything happens out come the Yellow flags and everyone stops racing to line up behind the pace car.

[attachmentid=11445]

Maybe this wasn`t one of their best nights?

For more information search for "Stock Cars Florida" and look for a site by Karnac.

:2: Biffo

post-997-1164111923_thumb.jpg

post-997-1164111953_thumb.jpg

post-997-1164111969_thumb.jpg

post-997-1164111985_thumb.jpg

post-997-1164112058_thumb.jpg

Cheers Biffo :) ....... i was trying to think why this place looked familiar lol - i tested it for nascar heat while looking for US Cup tracks for rods :blink:

Download track here

was dead good for rods and lch's :D

Thanks Wrighty

- Just downloaded the track - excellent - a real bonus

Now I can race on it as well

Hello downloaded this track and installed it.

But doesnt seem to be working.

This mean anything to anyone?

======================================================================

58.57.671: () Panic: tex: MIP level doesn't exist (request: 8 have: 4)

58.57.671: ======================================================================

And heres Error text.

[attachmentid=11482]

Cheers if any1 helps :thumbup:

error.txt

Hello downloaded this track and installed it.

But doesnt seem to be working.

This mean anything to anyone?

======================================================================

58.57.671: () Panic: tex: MIP level doesn't exist (request: 8 have: 4)

58.57.671: ======================================================================

And heres Error text.

[attachmentid=11482]

Cheers if any1 helps :thumbup:

erm i've had a look at the error log and noticed the following line a couple up from the error message.....

58.56.390: res: ResourceGet("audibits.tex") not found, returning NULL!

I cracked the audi in my uknatrod folder to check that that was included in the packed car and it is.....it might be worth you copying the auditt.car from national heat across to uknatrod to see if its that chassis thats the problem (was this for offline race or single-car test using the tt btw?) or using national heat to test the track rather than uknatrod.

Also, check yr options.cfg please for the texture compression (the quick way to check this is to try a race at arena-essex.....no texture compression will see the game crash at arens and swaff i think, although the usual error for no texture compression was a panic:irk as i recall). If this crashes out, edit your options.cfg to texture_compression yes and save.

let us know plz ....... Wrighty

ps fao Biffo......:D glad you like it m8, like i say its a cracking track for lch racing and rods (although its anti-clock only of course) but hey......lch's :thumbup: have fun m8

Edited by wrighty496

I just had a go at the track in game and its good, my favourite bit is the fact that you can drive all round the pits, would be ideal for the bangers to have a DD in the car park lol, and the fact that if you go to far you "fall off" adds an exciting twist, and it has a cool "drag strip" by that I mean the white chalky road round the back of the track, you can get up some good speed, and since theres a big drop at the end you can even play chicken! :rofl:

:thumbup:

I just had a go at the track in game and its good, my favourite bit is the fact that you can drive all round the pits, would be ideal for the bangers to have a DD in the car park lol, and the fact that if you go to far you "fall off" adds an exciting twist, and it has a cool "drag strip" by that I mean the white chalky road round the back of the track, you can get up some good speed, and since theres a big drop at the end you can even play chicken! :rofl:

:o Hey Rikard, I never realised you could get into the pit s and drive around, saw your message and went and tried it...how neat is that ?

Talking of Drag Strips they have acually got one there, on the opposite side of the stadium but you cant get round to it without falling off....lol

• 3 weeks later...

:o Hey Rikard, I never realised you could get into the pit s and drive around, saw your message and went and tried it...how neat is that ?

Talking of Drag Strips they have acually got one there, on the opposite side of the stadium but you cant get round to it without falling off....lol

Was at orlando Speedworld on Friday night there! I was at the PRI Show and Mophar were holding this event and it was invite only so only the best raced! The legands were racing and let me tell you they are soo quick round that track you need to be on your toes all the time! The guy who won it was 14! The Focus Midgets were even faster and they are a chassi with a ford focus engine in them and then the Beast Midgets which are 410 v8's althought the guy who won it only had a 375 v8! Then the Sprint midgets! They were amazing! You sit in the stand and think wow they are fast! its nothing till you go doown to the fence! then you know how fast they are!! $20 in and a sell out crowd all ain all wasnt a bad night!!

Was at orlando Speedworld on Friday night there! I was at the PRI Show and Mophar were holding this event and it was invite only so only the best raced..........................................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :thumbs_up:

Nice to hear you enjoyed it ACE, heres a couple of Photos from the event.

[attachmentid=12314]

Kyle Nicholas brought a Sprint car & a Midget

[attachmentid=12315]

Dean Abbey hit the Pit road divide in the B Final destroying the front end of his Legend and a water barrel.

Orlando Speedworld had a record crowd turn up for the recent Crash-O-Rama meet 24.11.06

Including Reverse Race , Fig. 8 Bus Racing, Demolition Derby and Caravan & Boat Race!

:2:

Regards Biffo

post-997-1166869435.jpg

post-997-1166869464.jpg

• 1 month later...

i went there about 2 years or so ago. We wasn't expecting ot to get so cold over the december time!!!!

we turned up in jumpers etc. No coats as it was a very warm day not only for it to jump to about 5 degrees with everyone else wrapping up in blankets and other clothes. Even some starting small fires to keep warm.

Racing was top and we had a good time, but it the uk oval's are much better then the huge banked fast ovals.

I would go back to watch again though

:coffee:

If anyones planning a trip to Orlando in November2007 this years "Crash-o-rama" meet at Orlando Speedworld will be Friday the 23rd of November and should include Destruction Derbies and figure 8 School bus racing and Boat and trailer plus caravan racing amongst other things.....but get there early cos it gets packed out for this one.

Of course if you`re a bit short of the old petrol money I have to warn you it`s an 8,000 mile round trip !

Was at orlando Speedworld on Friday night there! I was at the PRI Show and Mophar were holding this event and it was invite only so only the best raced..........................................

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :thumbs_up:

Nice to hear you enjoyed it ACE, heres a couple of Photos from the event.

[attachmentid=12314]

Kyle Nicholas brought a Sprint car & a Midget

Orlando Speedworld had a record crowd turn up for the recent Crash-O-Rama meet 24.11.06

Including Reverse Race , Fig. 8 Bus Racing, Demolition Derby and Caravan & Boat Race!

:2:

Regards Biffo

That first car is a silver crown sprint car!!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..