How and where to use the Texporter3.dlu?

racingteamveenstra.nl

Hi i have made a grastrack car with max and now I have a problem. How and where must I use the Texporter3.dlu? and something with a .mod

On Nick's modelling page can I not find a good or clear answer.

I hope so that one of you me can help with my problem.

greets Richard :king:

I'm not too sure about Texporter, I remember having a similar problem when I tried modelling. This will allow you to convert a .3ds to a .mod.

It works in a similar way to TGA2TEX, you need to go to the "COMMAND" thingy, for example, if you're using Windows XP, you should be able to go to Start, then Run, then type CMD or COMMAND, press enter and it will open it. Then put the 3ds2mod.exe and your 3ds file in the directory it says eg. mine says "C:\Documents and Settings\Andrew"

Then, in the same window, type 3DS2MOD X.3DS X.MOD (X is whatever your 3ds is called), and it should convert it to a .mod.

Edited by erik

I have created 1 now one mod file. (50kb and my filename) :blink:

must i now make six mods file with dos and change in to the name

Pacecar0.mod

Pacecar1.mod

Pacecar2.mod

Pacecar3.mod

Pacecar4.mod

Pacecar5.mod

Pacecar6.mod

?????

if the file is for offline use you can just take pacecar1 (the full model version of the .mod, i.e. the highest detail) and copy that then rename it to pacecar2, pacecar3 etc..... Pacecar0 is the in-car view so for that model you don't need anything behind the drivers head (all of that can be deleted) and everything below the bonnet level that isnt in the drivers 'line of sight' (underside of the car, lower sections of the side, the nose etc) can all be binned.

If the car is for (or is planned to be for) online use, you have to reduce the detail (number of polys) for each model......the recommended levels are around 3500 polys maximum for pacecar1 & 2, mebbes 2000 for 3, 1500 for 4, 1200 for 5 and under 800 or so for 6 (tho in reality the short track mod cars dont see below pacecar3 level.....i tried the replay at Baarlo, as about the longest track for camera position replay and i saw the switch from pacecar2 to 3 levels at the longest shot there)....the point here is that the more detail you have in a car, the more all of the computers seeing the car (i.e. all the other racers) have to process, so models that are lighter on detail support multi-player, multi-car races better than high-poly ones do.

kinda thing ;) i'm no expert on this but learned a lot with modelling thanks to the knowledge and talents of the current and ex-Heat modellers....genius's one and all :appl::appl::appl:

hope this helps explain it a littlle.....Wrighty

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..