Graphics Blurred and giving me a head ache!

Insane Mike

Hi folks,

Wondering if any of you kind folks can help. I'm having probs with the graphics on my computer. To try and explain the probs on the desk top icons are blurred really badly when on the outer edge of the screen. but if i drag them to the middle they are as clear as a bell. this is the case no matter what I have open and trying to type this is hell. Computer was fine when I was racing bangers on tuesday next day when I switched it on it was all messed

Any suggestions would be greatfully recieved.

details of system

OS Name Microsoft Windows XP Professional

Version 5.1.2600 Service Pack 2 Build 2600

OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation

System Manufacturer HP Pavilion 061

System Model EJ170AA-ABU m7210.uk

System Type X86-based PC

Processor x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1 GenuineIntel ~2930 Mhz

BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 3.26, 30/09/2005

SMBIOS Version 2.4

Total Physical Memory 512.00 MB

Available Physical Memory 241.88 MB

Total Virtual Memory 2.00 GB

Available Virtual Memory 1.96 GB

Page File Space 1.47 GB

Page File C:\pagefile.sys

Many thanks in advance

I'm off to sort my vision out as its now a bit goosed!!!

hi m8,

if i was you i would take it to pc world and ask them to look at it or try a different screen because it mite be the screen, if that is no gud i would try gettin a new graphics card but if you do don't put it in till you got comp switched off because it goes bang and it mite make ya scared lol.

hope this is some help

cheers

kane

Edited by kane

hi m8,

if i was you i would take it to pc world and ask them to look at it or try a different screen because it mite be the screen, if that is no gud i would try gettin a new graphics card but if you do don't put it in till you got comp switched off because it goes bang and it mite make ya scared lol.

hope this is some help

cheers

kane

did you take yours to pc world an show them yer blank screen :appl: 50 quid later they tell you yer monitors fecked .... or graphics card , magic you could have just bought either wi the 50 yev just wasted :thumbup:

Have you tried de-gauzing (spelling) your monitor? You should be able to do this from the controls on the monitor itself.

Thanks for the helps guys,

Tried various things including degausing. had a flash of inspiration and to my monitor to my parents tried it on thier computer and hey presto was till doing the same. So been and got myself a crimbo pressie of a new 19" widescreen TFT :thumbup:

Thanks Guys and a merry Christmas

:16:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..