R Factor help

jack 360

Hello all, i have just donwloaded r factor newest version (1.150) off www.rfactor.net . it loads up all fine with no stutters or jolts in the preview video or main menu. i set up all my controls on the setting sections after i have chosen car/track. But when it comes to load the race up none of the controls work not even the ogional games ones on the keybord not even the escape button, after pressing the controller and keyboard the my moniter goes black and say "no signal going to sleep" which means its on standby usally. i then press ctrl +alt +delete. and brings tyhe computor back on instanly to the task manager were it say R factor not responding and then ends it self. so any ideas guys ive looked on race sim central for help but i can make any sense of there computor language stuff. i have tryed configureing the resultion and other things like that uninstaling and reinstalling the whole thing restating the computor and disabling my security but no diffence, any ideas? cheers. :thumbs_up:

Edited by jack 360

Guest Scrapman53

Your PC should be able to run the game no probs.

Try configuring your controls from the main menu before starting a race? (Click on Player, then settings, then controls and it will be on the mappings screen. Map ypur controls then click on save.

I'm not sure about the going to sleep bit, but if you go into control panel in Windows, then click on power options and set everything to "never" and disable "hibernate" if it's enabled. See if that helps.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..