Help Needed please

Fasternie

Hi ,

I'm working on a new banger Volvo 264 saloon for Heat

and im looking for a good square on picture of the backlight(s) (without the glass)

Anyone having a volvo 264 saloon in the yard (volvo 240s would be ok too) or going next weekend(s) to a banger meeting(for example HMC or Civil war) and able to take a good square-on picture of the backside (or just the backlightsection without the glass) please could upload it here or send it to me by PM

Thanx for the help so far

Frank

I have a look later, sure i find something but just out of interest what the difference between volvo 240's and 260's ? guess the engine and trim.

TBH im not sure ,lol

just took pictures of a Volvo which said 264 on the boot.lol

the model and shape look very very simular to the 240 series

Sorry splodge cant answer that question :shrug:

maybe a "Volvo expert" can answer it

Not alot of differences with the 264 and the 240/5.......basicly the iron armouring they have all around the car comes in a section of 2, instead of just the 1 on your standard 240/5's.........And on the engine department where all the belts and all that are......e.g. altinator etc...they have 2 belts just incase 1 of the belts snap.there is a back up 1 working still.....ahh they dont make them like they used to :o

The Volvo 240 and 260 Series was introduced in the autumn of 1974, and was initially available as six variations of the 240 Series (242L, 242DL, 244DL, 244GL, 245L and 245DL) and two variations of the 260 Series (264DL and 264GL).

The 264 models had a completely new V6 B27E engine. This engine (which was called the Douvrin engine) was developed jointly by Peugeot, Renault and Volvo (hence the nickname "PRV"). The B27E engine had a capacity of 2664cc, and which was fitted with an aluminium alloy block and wet cylinder liners. This engine produced 140bhp for both the 264DL and 264GL. All models were available with a choice between 4-speed manual gearbox, with a 3-speed automatic gearbox being available as an option on all models. Overdrive was also optional on the manual 244GL, while a 5-speed manual gearbox was optional on the 264GL.

The Volvo 240 and 260 Series was introduced in the autumn of 1974, and was initially available as six variations of the 240 Series (242L, 242DL, 244DL, 244GL, 245L and 245DL) and two variations of the 260 Series (264DL and 264GL).

The 264 models had a completely new V6 B27E engine. This engine (which was called the Douvrin engine) was developed jointly by Peugeot, Renault and Volvo (hence the nickname "PRV"). The B27E engine had a capacity of 2664cc, and which was fitted with an aluminium alloy block and wet cylinder liners. This engine produced 140bhp for both the 264DL and 264GL. All models were available with a choice between 4-speed manual gearbox, with a 3-speed automatic gearbox being available as an option on all models. Overdrive was also optional on the manual 244GL, while a 5-speed manual gearbox was optional on the 264GL.

Basilcly it was alot better than the 240.....and in my books a hell of a lot rarer now days than the 240/5

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..