BMW E30 3 series model

pazza

i've finished the model, but i'm stuck on mapping.

i've mapped the grille onto the model and that works fine. i then create a new UVW map from another part of the car, unwrap it and click EDIT to move it to the correct part on the template. however, when i do this, the grille mapping goes out of line, and the new mapping isn't in the correct place either. so atm, i'm stuck with just one mapping at a time. :blink:

any help much appreciated :2:

pazza

post-1155-1169060560.jpg

that looks good so far m8 welldone,when mapping u might find it easier to select all the faces you want to map at one time so a side then detach it then map it then hide it so you only have the bits visable that you havny mapped then at the end attach them all together!

hope that helps!

i think i'll try that later, rodder. :2: (haven't got time now)

btw erik, i'm using method 2

cheers both for the help

pazza

• 2 weeks later...

:coffee: i know the skin isn't brilliant, but i've managed to map it using rodder's method of detaching the bits. :king: i then assemble it back together in the GROUP menu. this keeps the mapping, but i think it might be why it won't work in Nascar Heat (crashes on loading). i've tried attaching it all back together but this messes up the mapping :shrug::banghead2:

how do i put it all back together without messing the mapping?

:2:

post-1155-1169845406.jpg

post-1155-1169845472.jpg

when do u think the car will be out m8 looks gd wd :appl:

it'll probably be a while, coz i haven't got it in the game yet! (weeks/a couple of months maybe)

rodder, i just tried that, but it still doesn't work :shrug: . do you think assembling it in the GROUP menu will do the job (ie. it'll work in the game)? coz that's the only thing so far that keeps the mapping. :rolleyes:

:thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..