Loads and loads of problems

RickyB

Hi there was hoping some 1 could help me with this. Ever since we got the new BT homehub (was on bt voyger broadband before) I keep getting booted from jolt server, it happens rarely in f2s but I never make it as far as the race when in f1 mod. I use end it all so 1 of my only thoughts is tht it might be closing somthing that needs to be keeped running ?

If anyone has any ideas or knows what the problem is I would be very apprciative.

Also whilst on the homehub topic, my broadband is serposed to be 8 meg how ever it is dead slow (I use the ethernet conection not the wireless) the hub manager says my Downstream is 1,500 kbps (was as low as 224 highest was 3,000) and my upstream is allways 448 kbps. Im not sure but isint the Downstream serposed 2 be around 7,500 kbps as I am on 8 meg ?

Again any help would be great.

Last 1, all the downloads I have been downloading keep getting error messages and I end up haveing 2 download them again wich is rather anyoying seen as its takin abou 20/40 mins per go (new ukdirt f1 mod etc)

So if anyone could shed any light on any of these I would appriciate that very much and dont be scared 2 state somthing obvious because the obvious things are the 1s I useually miss :rolleyes:

lol cheers.

Also whilst on the homehub topic, my broadband is serposed to be 8 meg how ever it is dead slow (I use the ethernet conection not the wireless) the hub manager says my Downstream is 1,500 kbps (was as low as 224 highest was 3,000) and my upstream is allways 448 kbps. Im not sure but isint the Downstream serposed 2 be around 7,500 kbps as I am on 8 meg ?

Again any help would be great.

You will probably find it says 'up to 8 Meg'. Your connection speed will depend on the quality of your phone line, how far away you are from the supplying exchange and how many other people are connecting through that exchange. :thumbs_up:

......Ever since we got the new BT homehub (was on bt voyger broadband before) I keep getting booted from jolt server, it happens rarely in f2s but I never make it as far as the race when in f1 mod. I use end it all so 1 of my only thoughts is tht it might be closing somthing that needs to be keeped running ?

What error are you getting when you lose connection, a 'keepalive timeout'?

Last 1, all the downloads I have been downloading keep getting error messages and I end up haveing 2 download them again wich is rather anyoying seen as its takin abou 20/40 mins per go (new ukdirt f1 mod etc)

i think this is related m8.....if you're getting a keepalive timeout from jolt i think your connection's dropping for a split-second then re-connecting.....if it does that while you're downloading a file, it'll corrupt the file too. Given that you're taking at least 20 mins to download that file (which is approx 40mb) i'm convinced your connections not stable.

Not sure how you can approach fixing it however i'm afraid.....I think thats more Dino/Allan268 (i.e. clever people) territory :) but it might be worth getting a download manager off the 'net (allows you to download in bits rather than having to hae a complete stream until u get yr conn sorted)

best wishes ......... Wrighty

edited for craap speeling ;)

Edited by wrighty496

Cheers for the help lads, time will tell. I have got rid of the old softwhear for the old modem, just tryed plugin in the hub 2 the main phone socekt and has jumped to 3,400 mbps :D

And yes wrighty I am getting the timeout message (BTW wrighty gues who :P )

Cheers again 2 all much appriciated :thumbup:

Edited by RickyB

I had this problem when I first got my homehub , it showed a slower speed than I was already getting .

It takes a few days for the speed to settle out as the exchange equipment checks for errored seconds ( any errors shown in the previous hour ) to make sure the connection is stable before increasing the download speed . After a few weeks ,I've found my download speed has gone up to 6.9Mb from about 4Mb.

Also - DON'T install the software that comes with the hub ,I had nothing but trouble with it , XP can see a network connection to the hub ok

Cheers ,

Gary

And yes wrighty I am getting the timeout message (BTW wrighty gues who :P )

yeah yr connection's dropping i think m8, sounds like yr connections on the mend so let us know...

i've racked me brains btw, i need a clue (there's no info in yr personal profile lol)......go on :)

Edited by wrighty496

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..