New To Modeling =)

MURPHY-111

Ok after seing alot of progress being made in track making i have decided to try it.

would anyone be able to point me in the right direction E.g size of layout and how to start ect

all the help would benifit ukdirt and the user's.

pm me if you wish to help or leave a comment.

:2: in advance

murphy

ask NickM48

he's the master! :coffee:

Have a look here before postin :3:

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=22300

Excuse me but that dosn't even have the information i need. and also this is a forum for asking questions and receiving awnsers.

if you dont wish to help dont reply martin.

it does it gives u useful tips :blink::blink:

Was postin to let you know of a thread that has information in it.

To contact NickM If you go to that thread and click on his name and there will be an option to Private message him :thumbup::coffee:

Plus: if you talked proper english and not post in glasgow language then we might understand you!

Edited by martwisely

Have a look here before postin :3:

http://forum.kev149.com/index.php?showtopic=22300

Excuse me but that dosn't even have the information i need. and also this is a forum for asking questions and receiving awnsers.

if you dont wish to help dont reply martin.

it does it gives u useful tips :blink::blink:

Was postin to let you know of a thread that has information in it.

To contact NickM If you go to that thread and click on his name and there will be an option to Private message him :thumbup::coffee:

Plus: if you talked proper english and not post in glasgow language then we might understand you!

Fair Enough but i do talk in proper english just some words i make shorter if you cant read them then its not my problem but funnily enough everyone else manages to read my posts.

and also thank you for at least pointing me in the direction of nick

Whilst I always try to help people if I can, I don't have the time to spend teaching people step by step the basics, so please learn what you can from the info that is already out there, if you get stuck and can't find any help by searching, then post on this forum and one of our modellers will help if we know the answer.

Good luck with it.

Its alright saying "Ask NickM" but has anybody asked if he minds? maybe he doesnt want to be hounded by budding modellers 24/7 ?

sorry i should have checked :oops:

he can always say no :shrug:

• 3 weeks later...

I Thought no point in starting a new topic ... has anyone got any ideas , pictures of a track they would want made :coffee: i was thinking of crimond but i wouldnt know how to make the tires have the 'bounce' effect :blink: and i was also thinking of making the dutch/belgian? track that so many people hound modellers to do :rofl: Though there could be some that are missing so if you have any ideas post them up here :thumbup:

I Thought no point in starting a new topic ... has anyone got any ideas , pictures of a track they would want made :coffee: i was thinking of crimond but i wouldnt know how to make the tires have the 'bounce' effect :blink: and i was also thinking of making the dutch/belgian? track that so many people hound modellers to do :rofl: Though there could be some that are missing so if you have any ideas post them up here :thumbup:

if you do decide to do crimond i can supply u with some pictures :thumbup:

Without sounding rude Murphy, how far have you actually got with the track moddeling?

Have you started with a very basic "shape" such as a square or circle rather than going straight into doing a complete track.

Apologies if you have done this already but if you haven't then that's probably (IMO) the best place to start just by getting that basic shape or a very basic track into the game then going on to do bigger and better things rather than going straight into doing a real track.

Without sounding rude Murphy, how far have you actually got with the track moddeling?

Have you started with a very basic "shape" such as a square or circle rather than going straight into doing a complete track.

Apologies if you have done this already but if you haven't then that's probably (IMO) the best place to start just by getting that basic shape or a very basic track into the game then going on to do bigger and better things rather than going straight into doing a real track.

My thoughts exactly.

Dont find it rude in you asking .... yes i have been working on my skills and yess i can make the basics and yes i have started a few render stadia scenes just been limited to what i do because i cant find the right textures :blink: but i think you lot need to calm down im only trying to start making one :o all i asked was for ideas and you jump down my throat :shrug: dont know why .... now if you dont mind me saying can anyone with any ideas for a track please post up pictures and stop badgering ( not sure if thats the right word ) me for no reason. if you dont want to contribute, dont . though if you wish then contribute all you want.

Dont find it rude in you asking .... yes i have been working on my skills and yess i can make the basics and yes i have started a few render stadia scenes just been limited to what i do because i cant find the right textures :blink: but i think you lot need to calm down im only trying to start making one :o all i asked was for ideas and you jump down my throat :shrug: dont know why .... now if you dont mind me saying can anyone with any ideas for a track please post up pictures and stop badgering ( not sure if thats the right word ) me for no reason. if you dont want to contribute, dont . though if you wish then contribute all you want.

Hmmm, i find your reply to my attempt at being helpful and suggestive a touch aggresive and uncalled for quite frankly.

I have asked a question, in quite a polite manner for me aswell, followed by a suggestion of how to move to the next stage should you not have arrived at that stage as of yet, to be greated with a "you lot need to calm down" and a "you jump down my throat" followed by a pathetic suggestion that i would have any objections about moddeling a track.

Perhaps your post should have been more along the lines of ....

"Thank you for that Kendo old chap. I have already done your suggestion and got my basic object's shape into the game and i'm now looking to take it to that next stage which you detail in your post and create a game for ukdirt and other mods so we can all enjoy it immensly. I look forward to hearing yours, and other racers' ideas and views for this tremendous step forward to making a brand new track."

Maybe it's you that needs to calm down a touch and stop jumping down other people's throats on some of your posts particulaly when someone with a little bit of experience tries to offer that as a 1st suggestion-indeed i did even offer my apologies in my original post in case you had already got that far so that i may not sound contracending.

I agree with kendo, you need to calm down. If you can show that you've learned the knowledge to model a basic shape (you'll want to loft the shape in max btw) texture it and get it in game then I'm happy to help answer any questions you may have. I must just say that your attitude on this forum is putting me off though.

That tyre barrier around the track in those pictures is going to be tricky to get looking right.

Sorry about the comments last nite :blink: I was a little drunk :rofl: i never meant it to sound aggressive and thanks kendo for the advice .... i have a few ideas and im sure some others may have about the tyres ... it may take a while though , but thats the whole point in me making the track :thumbup:

cheers mart for the pictures .... i had a look for overhead pictures and got some :thumbup:

drunk at 14 :o shocking :blink::rofl: wouldnt ever have caught me doing that ;)

Doesnt surprise me seeing as hes from fife ;)

I bet hell be at cowdie tonight with his bottles of Bucky! :scared15:

:rofl: All in fun btw this isnt aimed at anyone just a joke...

Doesnt surprise me seeing as hes from fife ;)

I bet hell be at cowdie tonight with his bottles of Bucky! :scared15:

:rofl: All in fun btw this isnt aimed at anyone just a joke...

Buckys a last resort :scared15: Cider's the one for me :thumbup::rofl: You cant get drink in there without it being hid very well :blink: so i might just get a 70cl down my trousers :thumbup:

hope chewy dosnt see this :blink::scared15:

Buckys a last resort :scared15: Cider's the one for me :thumbup::rofl: You cant get drink in there without it being hid very well :blink: so i might just get a 70cl down my trousers :thumbup:

hope chewy dosnt see this :blink::scared15:

I would be more worried about Chewy rummaging around in your trousers to find the 70cl bottle. :scared15::rofl::rolleyes:

I would be more worried about Chewy rummaging around in your trousers to find the 70cl bottle. :scared15::rofl::rolleyes:

I always Thought There was something Queer about Him :scared15:

Cheers for the information now i understand why him and erik get along so well :rolleyes::scared15:

Cheers for the information now i understand why him and erik get along so well :rolleyes::scared15:

Yeah...because we're both homophobic.

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..