1970s New Brighton Stock Cars

pazza

I just put a video on YouTube that was filmed by my grandad in the mid-1970s

very rare footage - filmed on sinny cam

unfortunately New Brighton's closed now, but i find the footage fascinating fascinating!

interesting bit of stock car history

visit http://www.simonlewis.com/sc5.html for more stock car history

Notice the Invaders team - still going strong now!

:thumbs_up:

superb Pazza, saw my first stock car racing at New Brighton and Kirkby so thanks for the memory jog, I used to stand against the fence middle of the top bend... god knows what speed the mod stocks and hot rods were doing round there then..pleased to say still got all my proggys from that era too..

thanks again m8

nice one

Ali p

superb Pazza, saw my first stock car racing at New Brighton and Kirkby so thanks for the memory jog, I used to stand against the fence middle of the top bend... god knows what speed the mod stocks and hot rods were doing round there then..pleased to say still got all my proggys from that era too..

thanks again m8

nice one

Ali p

i'm glad you all find it interesting too!

my dad says its a "cine" camera (not sinny), but it was 30 years ago - how was i supposed to know :rofl:

my dad's got quite a few New Brighton and Kirkby pics, so i think i'll make a small website with the video, the pics and any info he has, or anyone is willing to contribute. if anyone has photos or info about either track that they wouldn't mind sharing, could they pm me with the text/pictures which will go on the website.

cheers :thumbs_up:

pazza

Wow that is cool... theres a couple of old videos like that knocking about, thats one of the better ones :thumbs_up:

have you got a link to them?

;)

Send a PM to Wayne Helliwell Pazza(ww261 or ww271 i cant remember which he uses on here) His wife Jo has already set up a website with loads of information on New Brighton as her Grandad used to be the promotor there.

Send a PM to Wayne Helliwell Pazza(ww261 or ww271 i cant remember which he uses on here) His wife Jo has already set up a website with loads of information on New Brighton as her Grandad used to be the promotor there.

:2:

i gave him a pm

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..