DVD Burning

The London Allstar

Hey guys, i have a movie file (AVI file i think) and i want to put it onto a DVD, so i put the DVD-r in the drive and used Sonic to burn the file to the DVD. How ever i went to play it on my DVD player and it said that it could not read the disc, this was the same with my PS2 and even when i put it back in the computer it wouldnt work.

Can anyone see what im doing wrong and point me in the right direction

Cheers :thumbs_up:

I'm pretty sure you can't just use a data format DVD in most generic dvd players, you have to first convert/transform the file so it can be read in dvd player, this can be done while burning the Dvd with some software.

It doesn't explain why it doesn't read it in DVD player on your computer.

Sure Trash can explain more indepth how to do it so it works.

Guest Trash

Search the net for an AVI Mpeg converter, you should be able to find a shareware version that will do the trick for you. Once converted and burned it should be playable all being well. A lot of it can be trial and error and some software is better than others but I don't use AVI files so not sure on that front.

here is the freeware software which i use

not sure if it works on a dvd player (don't know what Mpeg-2 is), but its might work :shrug:

certainly useful for compressing AVI files, coz Mpeg is the equilavent of Jpeg :2:

hope this helps :thumbup:

pazza

a programme i use for converting avi is pinnacle studio plus u can create a dvd disc using this programme import the avi file u want then create a dvd disc it does it all for u and its easy to use :2:

Edited by chris

Guest Trash

a programme i use for converting avi is pinnacle studio plus u can create a dvd disc using this programme import the avi file u want then create a dvd disc it does it all for u and its easy to use :2:

Yep that's what I use Cap, very good programme for editing.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..