mk3 cavalier

swindy

It's a good model Swindy, well done. I have a slight problem, maybe it's just me but if I run my game with the detail settings on max it's really shiney, I've never seen this before so I don't know whats going on.

[attachmentid=14513]

A couple of things to note, one being that it is very high poly and two being it really needs better lod's. I wrote a brief explanation of lod's on my website earlier tonight. The reason we try to stick to certain poly limits and we try to make good lod's is so that people don't have to have good spec pc's to play our game. Apart from that, I like it, great job :thumbs_up:

post-113-1174607749.jpg

It's a good model Swindy, well done. I have a slight problem, maybe it's just me but if I run my game with the detail settings on max it's really shiney, I've never seen this before so I don't know whats going on.

[attachmentid=14513]

A couple of things to note, one being that it is very high poly and two being it really needs better lod's. I wrote a brief explanation of lod's on my website earlier tonight. The reason we try to stick to certain poly limits and we try to make good lod's is so that people don't have to have good spec pc's to play our game. Apart from that, I like it, great job :thumbs_up:

I see it exactly the same Nick...

But good model Swindy!

Cheers

Appears fine here.. Epic car swindy as cars like bluey's online are'nt any quicker than a mk3cortina but the cavvy is. Which is correct also cause compared to the cavvys used now a days the mk3tina is like a snail tbh just the mk3 looks the tits ;)

post-965-1174727336.jpg

cal the rason that the bluey cortinas etc are the same speed is so that not one car will be faster which should bring more variety!

if the cav is alot faster what will people use at 2litre meetings?

like at the moment everyone uses a cortina estate as they seem to be the best cars...

not having ago just telling ya why there the same speeds :2:

cheerio folks!

Hi just want to point out a couple of things, last night in a meet naths fastest lap round nitton was 14.702 and me in the cav was 14.590 thats 112th's of a sec faster than a mk3tina imo im was being very fair to the old tina newer cars are faster and plus its down to setups to...

ps: i make these cars (which takes many hours)for free, and for anyone to use but of late ppl keep picking at little things which bears no point imo as they all are done to look ,drive,damage as real as possible

but now im thinking of closeing up modeling shop for good :banghead2:

Edited by swindy

ps: i make these cars (which takes many hours)for free, and for anyone to use but of late ppl keep picking at little things which bears no point imo as they all are done to look ,drive,damage as real as possible

but now im thinking of closeing up modeling shop for good :banghead2:

The two people that have made comments on here, me and Rodder (they weren't nasty comments either) know only too well how much time goes into making these models, I can only speak for myself but I guess Rodder was doing the same, when I say that I'm just trying to help, I hate to see these great models not get used in the uk-dirt league because of easy to fix faults, we all had to start somewhere, most of what I learn't was from trial and error and from people telling me where I was going wrong, sometimes it can be hard to take the critisism when you've spent hours on something but in the long run, you will learn from it and your next model will be even better.

I'm more than willing to help people whenever I can, I've had a few people ask about LOD's and damage modelling lately so I've sat down and taken the time to add it to my tutorial for these people, I hope it will help them. Please don't take the critisism hard Swindy and if you need any help with modelling or you have questions about some aspects that you don't understand, don't be afraid to ask, post on the forum here, we have quite a few great modellers around the forums now, one of us will do our best to help.

Keep up the good work :thumbs_up:

Edited by Nick M48

i fully appreciate all the work that goes into making the game a more fun and varied experience so keep up the good work swindy

also i believe that the cars should be kept true to their real life speeds, if everyone wants to be boring rodders and use the same car then fine but remember winning isnt everything

cheers War

also i believe that the cars should be kept true to their real life speeds, if everyone wants to be boring rodders and use the same car then fine but remember winning isnt everything

And thats why I always race old slow junk! :rofl:

ALL the modelers have realy pulled the stops out in the last few months, with stacks of things being released, tracks as well as cars.

Ive noticed that Swindys taxi and coach do tend to have a very transparent/metalic surface finish to them, but do I care? Hell no, they are brilliant ! :thumbup:

No car in real life is perfect for racing, so why should it be any different online?

Keep up the excellent work guys! :thumbup::2:

Having tryed to work out what ,nick.nem,mcrew was saying ive found it its in Options/Graphics

Detail Level

Draw Distance

Effects Level

All are not used in free leagues as they cause warp so are ment to be turned right down "so when i made all the models i didnt see the problem as i race all the free leagues

Now i know what effects do to my models when all the above are turned up full, i will address this problem and fix it for the furture as i got three models nealy finished

and if you turn Detail Level down they are ok

Thanks for bringing this to my attention.

I see what you mean..

post-871-1174761649_thumb.jpg

I personally don't have details turned right up on the pc that I race on, I only noticed it as I tested your car on my laptop where I do all my modelling stuff, it has details turned right up for when I'm modelling tracks.

Do you use Zmodeler Swindy or what do you use for exporting the .mod files?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..