real life skins wanted

braderz516

tbh it is probably worth getting your self an airbrush and sum brushes and see if you can get hold of a couple of old bonnets or sumthing just try writing a few company names in a font like impact then with the airbrush try doing shadows or fading 2 colours together within the righting!

i do a bit of sign righting on rc bangers and they only way to get better is keep at it!

pic attached of one of my latest cars ive done!

post-517-1176628462.jpg

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A vinyl mask is basically as it says, a mask, it prevents paint going where it isn't meant to and gives you a nice straight clean line round the edge. On ebay you have a desktop plotter for around £300 . Anything less than that is a bargain, the one I use in work is a 1.2m x 1.2m cutting area, worth about 15k so their not cheap toys. For the outlines you can either use a 'pinstripe brush' which you can order in from the states, or you can make another vinyl mask to cover the area's that shouldn't be painted again and cpray it on, I used the second option and I am extremely pleased how it turned out. I have never tried anything on an actual car yet as everything of mine has been flat panels but we'll see how it goes when I get my prostock ready.

cheers

sparky

Here you go, practice with the basic signwriter font, to be a good signwriter this basic font shud be mastered as it is the most commonly used.

IPB Image

that is the most common :)my favourite to!lol i will practaice on my dads mk2 granny instead ov the capri!(capri's knackred)!

Here you go, practice with the basic signwriter font, to be a good signwriter this basic font shud be mastered as it is the most commonly used.

IPB Image

that is the most common :)my favourite to!lol i will practaice on my dads mk2 granny instead ov the capri!(capri's knackred)!

Race it! my seirras knackered but i'm still racing that....

Edited by calum

Just bought an airbrush set today for £40. I'm going to use a car tyre for compressed air ;)

Any tips on how to get good results, other than practise...?

Cheers

Pazza

tbh it is probably worth getting your self an airbrush and sum brushes and see if you can get hold of a couple of old bonnets or sumthing just try writing a few company names in a font like impact then with the airbrush try doing shadows or fading 2 colours together within the righting!

i do a bit of sign righting on rc bangers and they only way to get better is keep at it!

pic attached of one of my latest cars ive done!

did you brushed them by hand ? or first masked it ?

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..