FAO nick m and anyone else that knows anything about damage modelling!

hotrod331

hi ya all,

i need some help as im now stuck!

ive finshed this car :scared15: but the front wont damage properly ive named all the parts right but in game it takes about 15 length head ons before it bends to the 1st damage layer (as shown in pic)

but it wont go to the final (shown in render) and 2nd layer of front damage!

any help appreciated!

cheers rodder

p.s car hasnt been smoothed yet!

post-517-1175803909.jpg

post-517-1175803924.jpg

Edited by hotrod331

ok nick just for you lol :5:

what it was is that i had the model too far back in max and because i was being lazy i moved the model in the physics under model offset!

which im guessing was making the front wheels seem further forward then the front of the car,as the wheels were getting damaged rather then the front of the car :5:

anyway hope that helps!

Thanks mate, thats actually quite interesting.

Yeah, does that mean its possible to have a car, that handles and looks normal, but trick the game into thinking the wheels stick out further from the car. So when you go crashing the wheels get damaged quicker, so that will effect the handling, making it more realistic that a damaged car is harder to control. And eventually have the wheels fall off so the car can't move, effectively being destroyed! :5:

DD Time anyone? :thumbup:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..