B T Broadband

Tricky88

Its a fact of life with BT i'm afraid aussie......

I've been on it about 3 and a half years now as the disconnecting has always been a problem. I was constantly ringing their helpline and was ran through loads of stupid checks on my pc which were always no help. Only after I rang them 5 times in one day it would 'miraculously' fix itself for a month, until it started doing it again. Eventually after 2 or so years of that rubbish, we had a BT technician come out who (thankfully) doesn't believe in BT products, and set us up with a nice 2 socket main line socket and a chunky CAT5 cable, which meant I got the connection direct from the main line, without going through all the phone/skybox/microfilter rubbish. The internet was stable for a whole years racing without a single drop in connection then....... until...

My Dad recently upgraded (so he thought :coffee: ) us to the BT Total 8meg option 2 package in december, and they sent me the big cheap looking eye sore (called the home hub). With my old modem, and now with the hub, BT is an unreliable as it always used to be.

If you have problems, or want it to stabilise before racing, i always find switching off your PC and modem/home hub at the mains for 10 minutes or so, 20 mins before the meeting helps, as I noticed mine tends to only drop if its been on an hour or two.

Otherwise, ring their helpline five times in a row, shout some abuse, and then they'll flick the switch back to 'on' for you, until the end of the month.

Cheers

MoR

lol ive spent the last 3 nites till gone midnight chatting to my new found friend in that english city of BOMBAY after telling me that i need to find the test socket and me telling him its not there he finally told me after 2 hours mine doesnt have one ..... this i knew already !!!!! so there now sending a BT technician to check my lines ..... then the nice indian chap said i may have to pay for this if its not the line , funny how this only happened after the upgrade .... anyway after a little chat and me teaching him some new words !!! i think im getting somewhere , ill let them come in upgrade the wiring then tell them to shove it

my broadband is wireless we have 3 desktops and the laptop and have been with bt for over a year!

We were then offered bt homehub before christmas which we accepted .... hey free internet calls just what we need!

3 months later we are still waiting on the bt homehub and now because we havnt got this the wireless is looking for our bt homehub and the systems have us with bt homehub....

so after 4 days of this we decided lets go to bt.....7:30 we where assursed by BRITTISH staff that there would be no problems never again will you have any problems

8:30 - 10:56 : we where on the fone to as aussie refers to the 'english city of BOMBAY' we where told we needed a blue ethernet cable even though we ARE WIRELESS.... and as we explained to the young indian .... wireless means no wires....... so after 2 hours we gave up and now every 10-20 minutes we have to pull the modem plug out and back in!

Surely bt need a kick up the bombay! :3:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like its sorted now ( fingers crossed ) had the open reach guy here for two hours replaced all my old system of phone sockets ( which he didnt have to do ) and the problem was still there after we tested for 20 mins so he went to the main exchange and ended up overhauling that to now the connection has stayed for 5 hours and instead of running at 4.5 mps it is running at a constant 7.6 mps :thumbup:

Guest Scrapman53

Nice 1 Aussie. Hope it's sorted m8.

I once had a crackly phone line when I was on dial up with BT, which caused my connection to drop a lot. They said it was a problem with my equipment, but I demanded an engineer to have a look. He came out on a freezing cold morning and couldn't find anything wrong in the house. It turned out that another engineer had fixed a problem at the telegraph pole near the house and the way he'd put the cables back in the box, it was letting water in and had corroded the line to our house!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..