Mk1 Mondeo

swindy

looks good :appl:

i was wondering when one of these would be made :thumbup:

one possible improvement would be making the side of the car more rounded, coz mondeo's are really round. it might be a bit too late to change that now though :shrug:

apart from that, its excellent :thumbup:

Edited by pazza

Nice another great model from u :appl:

all u need no is a set of lights on the roof and hey presto youve made the racewall pacecar lol.

Edited by martwisely

Nice Model Swindy Maybe From the bonnet down making it abit square at the front end & the sides rounder like every1 else has said.

And Jack it Probably Will Be As Im Guessing it was made In Z-Modeler & i think thats how they end up Being.

Nice Model Swindy Maybe From the bonnet down making it abit square at the front end & the sides rounder like every1 else has said.

And Jack it Probably Will Be As Im Guessing it was made In Z-Modeler & i think thats how they end up Being.

Thanks for all your comments lads

And its not finished was going to make it more rounder in shape and put mondeo wheels on and afew other things to..

As for the shine on the cars im trying to sort it out and dazza i only use Z-modeler for converting the 3Ds into mod files i use 3D-max 7 to make them

Thanks

Swindy

post-871-1177501508_thumb.jpg

post-871-1177501530_thumb.jpg

Edited by swindy

ive also got steel mondeo wheels, dog leg alloys like an rs turbo and some pepperpots if you want photos mate. also if anyone wants them ive got scorpio cosworth alloys on my mk2 as well. cheers, damo.

Heres the ford mk1 Mondeo out soon. i await all the critisam.....

I've been really reluctant to comment on this as my constructive comments on your previous model weren't taken in a very good spirit. This model looks great but as before it looks like it has alot of polys for the heat engine, how many is it?

Not sure what the poly count is on swindy's superb Taxi model..but it performed great in jolt on BWS with 23 cars on the cowdenbeath track. Physics of the taxi are in my view the most banger like of anything i have tried online..wether thats just for the cowdie track or not awaits to be seen. Certainly the cowdie track has gone up in most peoples estimations in the last week with some good meets held there.

Not sure what the poly count is on swindy's superb Taxi model..but it performed great in jolt on BWS with 23 cars on the cowdenbeath track. Physics of the taxi are in my view the most banger like of anything i have tried online..wether thats just for the cowdie track or not awaits to be seen. Certainly the cowdie track has gone up in most peoples estimations in the last week with some good meets held there.

Thats actually very interesting, when I started modelling for uk-dirt the poly count limits were already in place so I just stuck to them (although we've sneaked a few extra hundred in over the years as PC's improved) I guess newer higher poly cars should be tested and new poly limits decided upon. How many polys is the Taxi and were all 23 of the cars in the server Taxis?

Hi nick the polygon count is 6549,as pc's are getting better and better and most ppl playing other online games and other techy gadets think you could make most cars with more polys and better detail but think you better look into it first tho.

Ps: do you no how to use 3ds2mods in stand alone Dos mode just so i can get rid of that dam shine as Z-modeler is putting it on when im converting 3ds-mod

Thanks

Swindy

post-871-1178096397_thumb.jpg

post-871-1178096438.jpg

Ps: do you no how to use 3ds2mods in stand alone Dos mode just so i can get rid of that dam shine as Z-modeler is putting it on when im converting 3ds-mod

Thanks

Swindy

Swindy i had this problem when trying to convert a model using the dos program..... erik also tryed but without a succesment! :shrug:

You could always ask erik what he does as he has a good knowledge behind these things :thumbup:

Sorry i couldnt help anymore :banghead2:

I put a tutorial for converting 3ds to Mod using 3ds2mod exe on My Webpage

Only problem is, I found 3ds2mod will only convert one object in the scene, so not a banger with full damage layers :banghead2:

Apologies

My website seems to be down atm

Edited by pazza

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..