Anyone online with their Playstation 3?

Guest Trash

Guest Trash

Anyone play online with their PS3 at all? (if anyone has one!)

My username is trash250, add me if you want and I will do the same if anyone posts on here.

Capbwfc is my psn id mainly playing resistance fall of man on sniper rifle weapon only servers :thumbup: ,also got the f1 game and motorstorm,i don't go on motostorm much as it takes too long too load cars and tracks plus there are a lot of peeps who cheat online :thumbs_down:

Edited by chris

Guest Trash

Capbwfc is my psn id mainly playing resistance fall of man on sniper rifle weapon only servers :thumbup: ,also got the f1 game and motorstorm,i don't go on motostorm much as it takes too long too load cars and tracks plus there are a lot of peeps who cheat online :thumbs_down:

How do they cheat Cap? Was playing Motorstorm online this morning and was sure I had the win in the bag until it told me I was 2nd.....but I never saw any sod overtake me! I know there are multiple routes available but I was on a part of the track where you can see most people!

I will probably get F1 today.

Will add you both later tonight.

this was posted on a playstaion forum i go on about the cheating in motorstorm,i have seen the speed hack cheat myself when in a server being passed by the big rigs

To confirm those cheats exist, i have tested it with a friend in a private game. I am not going to give you details how to use them. Just giving the motorstorm community a clear sight, im tired of others cheaters pretending they good when they know dam well they cheating. So here is the spoils:

*Speed hack, practically its like a kid of infinite boost cheat, ever wondered why there some players with big rigs going as fast as rally cars now you know.

*Teleport cheat: Practically your car will teleport , into walls and crash, but keep teleporting each time forward and forward no matter where you crash and land. This also causes the game to bug most of the time server wise, and you tend to end up at the end of the race with people finishing with 0:0:0 Time, also after the race the game stats the finisher that they have failed to finish the race.

*Boost Exploit: Ill say in a 12 racer's , it least half will use this.Ever wonder how some drivers in slower cars manage to keep up with you, while you boosting at max for 6 sec, now u know

I DONT AV A PS3 but r they any good

Depends on your opinion, some people say there great, others say they are crap. Can't go wrong with an Xbox 360, more and better games, plus a lot cheeper! The PS3 is slow selling at the moment, and some experts think it may flop? Just what I have been reading on the net.

I don't have either, im just waiting for GTA 4 to come out, then i'll choose which consol!

Guest Trash

Cant go wrong with the 360!

Agreed they are a good machine but you do get some fanboys on the forums slagging off PS3 as expensive compared to the 360 which it isn't for what you actually get.

Ps3 hard drive 60GB, 360 hard drive 20GB.

PS3 has the blu ray drive fitted for blu ray high def DVD's. If you want the optional high def DVD drive for the 360 you have to pay £130 extra.

PS3 online gaming is free, 360 you have to subscribe to XBOX live which is around £40 a year from memory.

PS3 has full internet browser, 360 doesnt.

There are some other smaller things as well...both machines are good. The 360 is a decent games machine, whilst the PS3 is a decent all round entertainment unit....Sony actually want them selling as entertainment units and not as a games console when we were at their HQ a few months ago for the demo.

We get people coming into the shop saying it is too expensive for a games machine......which it is to a lot. But if you want true high def gaming and movies it's actually a bargain. Most standalone blu ray dvd players are 7 or 800 quid, you get this one for £425 with a free console inside it!

The 360 needs an HDMI port as well to get the best out of the picture quality....they are looking at putting them on the 360 Elite if it comes out over here later in the year.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Trash

Have to say that the new firmware update today is excellent as it now upscale's PS1 and PS2 games to HD quality, Driven to Destruction is even better than before now lol.

Guest Trash

Just downloaded colin mcrea dirt, the graphics are amazing, cant wait for the full version to be realeased.

Certainly looks the biz, definitely on my list!

I would say Xbox 360 and the reason why?

Cheaper - I have seen Premium Xbox 360's go for thew usual price of £280 but with 2 free games and in most of the deals you get to pick any 2 games. The ps3 is £425 but I have seen it with one free game though.

Better third party support - Microsoft have been handing out Dev kits to major developers way before the 360 was released and so third party support is strong and growing even stronger. Also most of the games out and coming out for the ps3 are also on the 360 and thus are made cheaper to acquire like; Resident Evil 5, Devil May Cry 4 and Final Fantasy XIII. The ps3 on the other hand is a very difficult machine to develop games on and allot of third party game developers have turned away due to costly and long game development.

Xbox Live! - Now this is where the 360 really kicks the ps3's arse! Xbox live is the best way to play people online via console gaming but it may be £35 for a year but if you just go on ebay you can get a year code off someone for only £25 ( thats what I did) then you can play all you want for a year. You have all the downloads as well but you don't need to subscribe an account for that, it's free. The ps3 has online gaming but it will be nothing compared to Microsoft's mighty servers (hell Sony even asked Microsoft if they could share their servers :rofl: ). It's good for those who don't have a PC though cause it has a built in web browser (ripped from the PSP) and for all the Emo's out there, special integration with MySpace!

Better controllers - I was sceptical about the 360 controller at first (I like the big old chunky controller) but it turned out to be great. So much so that I use it to race on here all the time :thumbup: The ps3 controller is basically the ps2 controller again but sacrificing the rumble feature for some tacked on motion sensing and L2/R2 are more trigger like. Thats not a bad thing though cause allot of people like the ps2 controller but personally, I find it crap for anything like racing and FPS games.

Films - It all comes down to what you think will take off, HD-DVD or BLU-RAY.

All of the above is based on what I think. If I had the money I would go and buy both but if I had the money to just get one, I would defiantly get the 360. The PSX (first playstation) was an amazing console but the ps2 was crap in my eyes even compared to the Dreamcast. So I feel the ps3 is just going to be worse but bigger, uglier and more expensive. The Xbox was just an ace console and was there for those of us at the time who wanted a cheap solution to PC like gaming (like myself).

I currently don't have a 360 as my brother was the one who owned it and he moved out a couple months ago. But I will be getting one when Halo 3 comes out :rolleyes:

i have both consoles at this time i would say the xbox 360 is better due to having more and better games and the xbox live service,imo ps3 has only one game worth getting right now that is resistance fall of man which is a fantastic game online most of the other games that are out for ps3 are already out on xbox360 and there is not much difference between the games,the main fault imo about xbox360 is when it fails to work due to hardware failure i'm now on my 2nd xbox360 after having the 3 red light error on my first one which only lasted 5 months from launch now my 2nd console has started getting the 3 red lights and its only a matter of time before that breaks too and as its gone over 12 months it will cost me more money on getting it repaired my ps3 has not had one problem at all since launch,i think this year will be the xbox360's year then next year the ps3 will take over when better games are out and the home service is available

Edited by chris

my name is leesdabest if any of you want to add me... i mainly play f1 and motorstorm and resistance but caint wait untill rainbow six vegas comes out as it will be one of the game sof the yea... also i gotta wait till 8th of january for battle field bad company to come out *sigh*..... BTW THTAS FOR PS3

• 1 month later...

After having a good think about it (bout 10 seconds lol) I decided to go for the 360 :thumbup:

Got one just the other day. Been saving my pennies and got a high deff tv arriving next week and then i'll hook it up to Live, can't wait :king: some of the games that are out or just around the corner look stunning. Just getting into Forza 2, and the Wrestling game is good fun as well lol. Maining playing Saints Row, which is the perfect game to tie you over until GTA 4 is out. Also can't wait for Call Of Duty 4, think i'll waste plenty of hours on that :thumbup:

just sold my 360 rik on ebay for £200. shame you did not no.

got a nintendo wii now. gameplay is brill on the games, i got tired of buying consoles with all the latest graphics, but most games have poor gameplay.

currently playing excite truck and mario super charged soccer :thumbup: great fun. the wii controls are also great once you get use to them.

Edited by swerve

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..