Microsoft excel

Tricky88

ive got excel 2003 which has been working fine but i tried to do meeting info tonite and i can open up the files and view them ok but it wont let me change anything view only so i cant change drivers numbers to calculate grids and also i cant update the league standings ? ..... any ideas

ive got excel 2003 which has been working fine but i tried to do meeting info tonite and i can open up the files and view them ok but it wont let me change anything view only so i cant change drivers numbers to calculate grids and also i cant update the league standings ? ..... any ideas

I'm not 100% sure, but it might be set to 'Read-Only'

Try finding an excel file you want to open, right click it and choose properties and check that the Read-only box isn't ticked?

Might work, but like I say, i'm not 100% sure.

Could it be that somehow the settings have changed and the sheets have become protected (can lead to not being able to change data, etc..

Try...

Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet (it does it by sheet alone, not the whole collection of them)

If unprotect sheet isnt an option there then this isn't the problem :shrug:

Could it be that somehow the settings have changed and the sheets have become protected (can lead to not being able to change data, etc..

Try...

Tools > Protection > Unprotect sheet (it does it by sheet alone, not the whole collection of them)

Also, if the sheet has macros for calculating things, make sure macros are enabled when you open the spreadsheet m8

Try...

most of the options at the top are shaded so i cant use them tools protection is there but the rest is shaded

Seems to work fine here mate.

Have you tryed re installing Excel?

yes m8 i give up with bloody computers :banghead2:

lol sorry i couldnt help more :(

Seems to work fine here mate.

Have you tryed re installing Excel?

yes m8 i give up with bloody computers :banghead2:

lol sorry i couldnt help more :(

np m8 what with excell bt probs then the stock rod forum going down im off to take up tiddley winks :blink: knowing my luck my tiddley would end up under the wardrobe

i had a message come up saying security was to high so the macros wouldnt open but when i try to change the macros half of the options come up shaded .... this happens on all the top options ?

post-25-1177958635_thumb.jpg

i had a message come up saying security was to high so the macros wouldnt open but when i try to change the macros half of the options come up shaded .... this happens on all the top options ?

what OS u using? sounds like inbuilt security is blocking the macros m8 (well maybe OS, maybe AV) - re: the greyed-out options, are they all the same with a sheet with data in? (you might get less options showing because you've got a blank sheet open)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..