Need Help With 3ds Max

n1tr089

Hey all,

First of all, that mondeo is looking epic!! :appl:

Now, i need some help with 3ds max...I am making a new car and I have it all mapped and in-game, and the template works ok in-game aswell...but, after i export the car from 3ds max, when its in-game the whole model is some-what mirrored(it is the WHOLE model that is mirrored, not the template as u can see it is a right hand drive car and the seat is on the left hand side) :shrug:(<image below>)

[attachmentid=15474]

So i saw that and realised it was mirrored so i took it back into 3ds max, and mirrored the whole model then exported it and put it back in-game. when i opened the game and went on track to test my car, i saw that the car had pivoted on its nose horizontaly 180 degrees!! and it was still mirrored the wrong way!! :banghead2:(<image below>)

[attachmentid=15475]

As per useual, all help is much appreciated, and if i cannot resolve this problem, it will be my 3RD!! failed attempt at creating a car for bangers!

:2: HITMAN#13

post-996-1178428028.jpg

post-996-1178428466.jpg

Thats a very weird problem, never had it myself before, the only thing I can think to try is to reset the transform. Create a box anywhere in any viewport, convert it to an editable mesh, with the box selected attach your car to the box, that will reset the transform, in edit mesh delete the faces that make up the box, rename your car and try exporting again.

BTW what version of max are you using?

Edited by Nick M48

Thats a very weird problem, never had it myself before, the only thing I can think to try is to reset the transform. Create a box anywhere in any viewport, convert it to an editable mesh, with the box selected attach your car to the box, that will reset the transform, in edit mesh delete the faces that make up the box, rename your car and try exporting again.

BTW what version of max are you using?

ok cheers m8, i am usin max 8 btw

Anyone else have any ideas, just incase nick's solution doesnt work?

:2: HITMAN#13

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..