Heat Essentials

Rod132

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help. Am doing a favour for a mate, by trying to get the offline version of F2 going for him (bit of practice before he "goes live"!)

Have loaded Nascar Heat Essentials up and then the Offline pack for F2's (both version 1.0 and 1.1) This brings up the desktop icon etc, but when you click on it the opening screen shows the nascar names etc and it won't run the game. when you click on a name to try and go through the game just crashes.

WHAT NEXT????!!! Any suggestions of what files I'm missing to complete this switch....and where to find them!

Cheers chaps

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help. Am doing a favour for a mate, by trying to get the offline version of F2 going for him (bit of practice before he "goes live"!)

Have loaded Nascar Heat Essentials up and then the Offline pack for F2's (both version 1.0 and 1.1) This brings up the desktop icon etc, but when you click on it the opening screen shows the nascar names etc and it won't run the game. when you click on a name to try and go through the game just crashes.

WHAT NEXT????!!! Any suggestions of what files I'm missing to complete this switch....and where to find them!

Cheers chaps

Hi Rod,

Essentials is basically a 'skeleton' to allow you to install and play nascar heat mods, but it doesn't include a file called 'UI.res', which is required for most of the mods. My best suggestion would be to download and install the Brisca Heat mod (offline F1s) which i believe includes its own UI.res file (its a very large file, around 30mb). Once this installation is done, copy the UI.res from the Brisca folder into the Nascar Heat 'run' folder, then re-install the F2 mod. While the F2 installer runs, it looks for the UI.res and uses it as part of the install, hence why the F2 install failed.

I'm due to upload a new version of the National Heat offline mod in the next few days, and this contains a UI.....If the Brisca Heat install doesn't work, i'll PM you a link for the rods UI & installer so you can use this UI for the F2 mod install.

thnx, let me know if the Brisca Heat install method works plz............Wrighty

Edited by wrighty496

Thanks guys. Will give it a go tonight and see if it is the ui. If it solves it I'll let you know. If not...I'll be back!!!

Goto www.ukdirt.co.uk - Guides section, NASCAR Heat Essentials.

You will find a fully adapted version of the essentials file (including a ui.res file).

I tried it a few minutes ago and working fine here.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..