Car Modeling

TheGreenGenie

Hello everyone,

I have a question about the chassis used on ukdirt, I have a keen interest in Modeling and was wondering how to get a mod file to open in max 9. I would like to try and make an copy of the F1 car i raced back in the early 90's (a high poly attemp is currently ongoing and can be seen at the link below 'not that im suggesting im any good.... hahaha') anyway i would like to have a look at a couple of excisting models to check on scaling etc for use within the game.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to bumping into you all....

TGG

Cheers m8, I dont want to use others models for anything other than a guide on poly counts, scaling and stuff like that, i have a couple of other cars in progress (e.g Mr Untouchable John Jebson) that i would like to try in game.

Edited by TheGreenGenie

that's absolutely brilliant mate well done :appl:

are you an expert?

looks real :thumbup:

Thanks pazza, but im definitely no expert, so far this project has covered a 3 moth time span, Im trying to make it as detailed as i can right down to R-pins and nuts and bolts.

But if anyone is interested a great source of info and tutorials for 3dsMax, some of which are free is

3d Palace

They have a load of great video tutorials and all ya have to do is register.

Cheers guys glad you like it...

Unfortunately this wont be used in any game its to detailed (currently 70,000 polys) however i am currently looking at making one for use in Brisca heat.

I think rfactor mite handle 70.000 polies ?

Maybe, but its not really a recommended level for any game, whether it be offline or online. Whilst the rF game engine can handle a surreal amount of polys (i've heard of a track with half a million i think?) its not really feasible to have a high poly track with 20 x 70000 poly cars flying around it. The F1s that we've built for rF are around the 10000 mark, not including upgrades.

Great modelling Genie, stunning work! Would be really interested to see the jebby when its done, it was one of my dads favourite stock cars of all time, something which I suppose has rubbed off on me aswell! Just abit off subject, are you the same GreenGenie that used to race UKDirt a few years ago (03 off the top of my head)?

Maybe, but its not really a recommended level for any game, whether it be offline or online. Whilst the rF game engine can handle a surreal amount of polys (i've heard of a track with half a million i think?) its not really feasible to have a high poly track with 20 x 70000 poly cars flying around it. The F1s that we've built for rF are around the 10000 mark, not including upgrades.

Great modelling Genie, stunning work! Would be really interested to see the jebby when its done, it was one of my dads favourite stock cars of all time, something which I suppose has rubbed off on me aswell! Just abit off subject, are you the same GreenGenie that used to race UKDirt a few years ago (03 off the top of my head)?

I was just in max there building a brake master cylinder and checked the poly count (79,500) and rising lol. I would imagine when i get to building the engine that will be a fair few thousand on its own.

MoR137 the jebby car was the first i made and nowhere near the quality of my car but hopefully if i gt this finished then a rebuild of the jebby car may be in order. Yes i am the same GreenGenie, I really enjoyed the few races i had back then but somehow lost touch with the scene, i happened upon UkDirt by chance 2 days ago and cant wait to get back on track.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..