painting skins, but keeping car lines through signs

SheppeySwampy

Title pretty much explains it, i've painted skins for many years but have never managed to get my head around painting the car and keeping the lines of sed car, i.e door lines, plates etc through the signwritting, i know this is done on photoshop which i have so any helpis appreciated.

Assuming its Bangers you're on about, its quite simple. Just merge the body panels together (driver's side, passenger's side, bonnet etc), assuming this isn't done already. Then turn them grey using the Ctrl + u thingy. Now copy the layer, and, making sure the copy is above the original, turn it (the copy) pure white (so you lose the details). Then make it an 'overlay'. You can now use the paint bucket to make this layer the colour(s) you want, instead of the white. Once you've made your signs etc, simply merge them onto this layer, then you're done.

Hope this helps :thumbup:

Edited by erik

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..