Highly recomended Banger videos from the 90's

Nick M48

I have a fairly good selection of Banger videos/DVD's from the 90's but I'm always on the look out for more, are there any that you'd highly recomend? They could be single meeting, season compilations, just crashes, or even a domestic meeting that features a big memorable crash.

Best of Bangers 89 from Race video is not bad, 3 hours long with all the best bits from the year.

Same year as the Squad and Nomads were at war, good fight on the centre :rolleyes:

!Names of companys who made the video/dvd in brackets!

Best of Smallfield 1 and 2, Icebreaker 5 (Westcountry Videos) are obvious choices, as is Best of Swaffham (Impact Videos)......

Here's some less obvious ones

Bradford Euro '97 (Westcountry Videos)

Smeatharpe WF '96 and '97 (eBay!)

Swaff WF '98 just for the lips crash (somewhere)

Horrendous Bangers 1,2 n 3 i have heard are good for large crashes (MH Videos)

Most Belgian meetings from the 90's, Ruisbroek and Warneton, if you can source them.....Warneton '95 meeting dd thing with the exploding citreon would be cool if you can find it (somewhere)

I'll probably think of more later on

Ive been after Best of Bangers 89 if anyone has one willing to sell!, Race Video dont even have it now...lol

Good videos would be anything with the Suicide Squad and the DHD Going at it!

Edited by Knobby

Thanks for the suggestions so far, alot of them I already have, never heard of the Horrendous bangers ones though and the best of Smallfield sounds good :thumbs_up:

Here's some of my favourites that aren't already listed above..

Hednesford National teams '95 & '96

Arena 3 litre open '95

All of the Firecrakers

'96 London open

I can't remember the date but the Squad Northampton invasion with the Bambi follow-in, is a good one.

From PRI Nick if you want a pucka domestic try and get the 21st June 1987 from Race Video. Purely Awesome, Dave Tuffen giving a Wilsher a lesson, Tuffen put in one of the best driving displays I have ever seen. I'd love some of the boys who bang on about how good bangers are today see it.

There was also another Domestic When the Hired Killers did a memorial meeting for Kevin Kemp in 87 again they well had it off with the Yellow.

Arena team semi finals day 92 was a blinder as was the team final day that year, (I still have the back ache from it) I have that somewhere will dig it out for you. Although I think the DVD I gave you had the Condom V Vermin 92 Head to head on it. Also the Mildo Yellow A60 94.

Wimbo WF 1991 is also another cracker Nick, proper racing & proper drivers. Will just show you how times have changed.

It's a shame Knobby, Race Video started filming in 86 when the Dirty half were slowing up so the real Hardcore DHD V Squad stuff wasn't captured by them. Most of the really heavy wrecking was 84,85 If anyone has footage of that stuff I'd love to see it. Only thing you will see is the 86 Team final but don't blink will you lol You could say the DHD had a very rare bad day at the office and the Squad had some serious Tanks.

Gonna go have a dig and see what I have left.

Lakey

if theres any dvds with the suicide squad on them I would be intersted in buying them as I enjoyed watching them . any from the 90's would be good with team meetings with them in them

Yeah its a shame race video wernt around sooner, I can only imagine with my dads stories and old photos lol,

I disaw see Vic Rayner racing the other week at Arena, Old skool!

Ive been looking for the Squad vs DHD video, and a few of the older ones, but race video cant find them,bugga.

Edited by Knobby

Yeah its a shame race video wernt around sooner, I can only imagine with my dads stories and old photos lol,

I disaw see Vic Rayner racing the other week at Arena, Old skool!

Ive been looking for the Squad vs DHD video, and a few of the older ones, but race video cant find them,bugga.

Knobby I have it if you want a borrow of it. I'm up Mildo on the 30th give me shout of you want me to bring it.

Yeah I was well suprised to see Vic out again good to see, he had some good scrapes with the Dirty Half when he was in the Vermin very hard driver.

Sorry Nick Hijacked your thread :scared15:

Best of Bangers 87 is another good one Nick just found it, you can borrow that if you wish. Just watched the Jimmy Silver Jamie Dyckoff Head on in a team meeting crikey that was bleeding hard :o Taylor then Steams Jimmy flat out through the back drivers door you can see Jimmy's head clean out the Window!!!! Jimmy just shrugs it off and drives straight into the next Yellow mk1 proper stuff.

Not a Cav or poobird in sight.

Cheers

Lakey

got any for sale with suicide squad m8 from the 90s in team events. if so money waiting as I might buy some :thumbup:

Cheers Lakey, no worries about hijacking the thread, I love hearing these old stories, I only started watching at Arena in 92 I think it was, I have loads and loads of fond memories from then, hence the reason for this thread, I'd like to re-live them on video if I can.

Another good video, if you can still get it...is the Icebreaker 98 at Swaffham :thumbs_up: loads of follow in's quite a few PRI turn out, really is a good stuff.

I have it and could copy it if you can't purchase it anymore.

Another good video, if you can still get it...is the Icebreaker 98 at Swaffham :thumbs_up: loads of follow in's quite a few PRI turn out, really is a good stuff.

I have it and could copy it if you can't purchase it anymore.

Westcountry Videos still stock the video/dvd for a tenner i think it was.....talk about value for money

Can't remeber the year but as mentioned I think Swaffham world finals were great videos especially remember one year when the Autospeed tractor was trying to stop/chase a Suicide Squad car!

Sure someone will remind me of the year and those involved

Can't remeber the year but as mentioned I think Swaffham world finals were great videos especially remember one year when the Autospeed tractor was trying to stop/chase a Suicide Squad car!

Sure someone will remind me of the year and those involved

I thought the tractor incident was a Champions of Champions meeting at smeatharpe in 95 with the sadly missed Polo. After the antics of some of the squad drivers including Polo, they were loaded up but due to the crowd/drivers demands, they were allowed to race the next race!

Shane Brown won it, the Suicide Squad wrecked it! enough said!

Ah, the good old days.......

Guest Trash

Relive the 90's completely Nick!

Get hold of some old fixture lists and work your way through the year deciding where you want to go this week...then ring the video company and order it lol.

Fancy a Mildenhall domestic as not much else on? Will the Rabbits turn up and stop Dino winning the Final in a 2.3 Mk5? Maybe stay local for Arena the next day, will it be the Rabbits and the Squad knocking 7 bells off each other or just a Granny rodfest?

20 quid spent "going" to two meetings, no petrol money. Hot roast dinner with no waiting in line, clean toilets and lets be honest, the racing will be a damn slight better than the modern stuff.

Living in the 90's, go for it!

I still cant believe the Saints Hit on Mcangus at Icebreaker 5! awesome!

What was the meeting where Polo got a big ban, the CoC I think? what year was it...heard about the mega wrecking spree but never seen it!

• 3 weeks later...

Get hold of some old fixture lists and work your way through the year deciding where you want to go this week...then ring the video company and order it lol.

Fancy a Mildenhall domestic as not much else on? Will the Rabbits turn up and stop Dino winning the Final in a 2.3 Mk5? Maybe stay local for Arena the next day, will it be the Rabbits and the Squad knocking 7 bells off each other or just a Granny rodfest?

20 quid spent "going" to two meetings, no petrol money. Hot roast dinner with no waiting in line, clean toilets and lets be honest, the racing will be a damn slight better than the modern stuff.

I like the sound of that idea!

The Rabbits/Vermin V Squad was a great battle and made me a regular at Arena for quite a while. Proper drivers in proper cars not afraid of a proper crash. Overy, Wood, Boulden etc had just joined them and seemed to be out to prove themselves..... and they did!

One thing that I will always remember came from the fat bloke who always used to be at Muddyhole and Arena, always sucking on a roll up that never seemed to be lit, you may know who I mean?! (always stood in front of the middle steps at Mildo and in front of the tavern at Arena). His beloved Squad were getting some hammer large stylee at Mildo cue the "go on the squad", "SQUAD", "SQUAD" then they got done "****ing Rabbits....(pause)...cant ****ing drive" giving them all the thumbless hitchhiker, we were in stitches at the way he said it and still come out with it now and again when we see someone witha rollup hanging out of their mouth at a funny angle lol

Trouble is tho most of it is Race Video and was never that struck on them as they tended to miss quite a lot of the action or edited it wrong so that they miss the biggie which you can see is just about to happen on a lot of videos I have seen from them.

Cheers

Andy

I like the sound of that idea!

The Rabbits/Vermin V Squad was a great battle and made me a regular at Arena for quite a while. Proper drivers in proper cars not afraid of a proper crash. Overy, Wood, Boulden etc had just joined them and seemed to be out to prove themselves..... and they did!

One thing that I will always remember came from the fat bloke who always used to be at Muddyhole and Arena, always sucking on a roll up that never seemed to be lit, you may know who I mean?! (always stood in front of the middle steps at Mildo and in front of the tavern at Arena). His beloved Squad were getting some hammer large stylee at Mildo cue the "go on the squad", "SQUAD", "SQUAD" then they got done "****ing Rabbits....(pause)...cant ****ing drive" giving them all the thumbless hitchhiker, we were in stitches at the way he said it and still come out with it now and again when we see someone witha rollup hanging out of their mouth at a funny angle lol

Trouble is tho most of it is Race Video and was never that struck on them as they tended to miss quite a lot of the action or edited it wrong so that they miss the biggie which you can see is just about to happen on a lot of videos I have seen from them.

Cheers

Andy

That was a cracking War it was really the Condoms n Rabbitts V Squad Creams.

33 Tony Wade was always the thorn in the side of the Yellow he just kept going and going proper PRI legend and that's word gets used to easy but Wadey was as good as anyone,

First day of the 94 season with Steve Davies giving Jack Overy and serious roof bender in 2.8 grannies welded good and locked diffs and they say todays boys are good.

Also Buster Woods going on oppo alone against about 7 or Squad just driving into the pack. Then you had the team race pile up When Woody, Shelvey, Wooster and another yellow all went in flat out again 2.3 tinas welded solid with lockers all totaly flat out unreal. You kids dont know what you missed :thumbup:

We also had the Mildo 94 Yellow A60 meeting. Me, Slim 40 and Alb 41 in Scum colours (and old skool Crayford Pri team) and 15 Yellow farinas,

We sat on the line up counting em as they came out was proper as we went knowing they were gonna be there, Alb steamed Cadders early doors which left him open for a shot from me and I owed Ian a big one so went footdown and bent his A60 Estate in two, he was quite lucky really, I chcuked in it reverse soon as I hit him but too late in they came Woody, Spotty then Bart one after the other great stuff.

They got me stuck on the ropes down pits turn then Barry wilsher backed up to the M11 I think for a run up gave me a T bone that knocked a filling out my tooth cost me 60 notes in dentists fees to have tooth done the git lmao, and me Burger King on way home was spoiled by lack of tooth!!

Got me granny out for DD and had a solid head on with Dougie George while a certain young and I mean very young Mark ruskin was out in the first Senior race and stopped Dychoff & Tony Mitchell both head on then got done on the cheap by Whiteman n Painter the hanger 173. Proper days.

I need a time machine!!!

Lakey

Ive got the coc on dvd few mths back from west country vids in which polo goes on the so called wrecking spree. big let down imo.

put 2 cars in the wall and that was it, i heard all these things about infield attacks under red and then black flags, but i didnt see it, camera man must of had his eye on something else :shrug: .

Ive got the coc on dvd few mths back from west country vids in which polo goes on the so called wrecking spree. big let down imo.

put 2 cars in the wall and that was it, i heard all these things about infield attacks under red and then black flags, but i didnt see it, camera man must of had his eye on something else :shrug: .

I was there that Night Swerve and TBH I have seen worse wrecking than that. It was around the Blitz mag time so it did get made out to be a lot worse than it was. The ban he copped for it was OTT IMO.

A good COC meeting was 96 ,lots of Stinkie V Barton boys stuff well hard. 101 Knobby Roberts well on form.

Cheers

Lakey

Re-living nineties bangers would be brilliant, it was certainly the peak and I'm so glad that I was around to witness alot of it at the tracks around my area. Due to many circumstances Bangers are only going to go more and more downhill in the years to come, sad :(

If all Banger drivers move into 2L Saloon stocks or F1's then things wouldn't be all bad ;)

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..