Orange Livebox

erik

Dunno if anyone else uses one, but I thought I'd post this anyway. I had to format my hard disc (again) on Friday, and have gotten a wireless connection to the Livebox. Obviously, to race online, I need to get it to connect with an ethernet cable. Before, I had a separate 'wired' connection, which could be connected by simply plugging in the cable. You can make such a connection using the Orange CD you get, but when I click "Install Livebox...." it just goes straight to the "Help" page, as opposed to asking if I want a wired or wireless connection etc. I have read on other sites that you have to uninstall Adobe Flash Player to recitfy this. I have uninstalled Flash player, but to no avail.

I know the above is alot to take in, but does anyone know how I can solve this? Or, is there another method of setting up a connection with the ethernet cable?

Any help much appreciated, and sorry if it's difficult to understand what the problem is, I've explained it as best I can.

Silly question, but have you gone past the ' help' stage on the installation cd?

I had problems getting my live box installed, it wouldnt work on my pc for days until it then decided to work as if by magic and then it did the very same thing to my missuses laptop. With the laptop it took several weeks of installing/uninstalling the set up cd before it would work. :banghead2:

Silly question, but have you gone past the ' help' stage on the installation cd?

I had problems getting my live box installed, it wouldnt work on my pc for days until it then decided to work as if by magic and then it did the very same thing to my missuses laptop. With the laptop it took several weeks of installing/uninstalling the set up cd before it would work. :banghead2:

Thanks for the advice. The help bit doesn't say anything about it though, as usual it has everything but what you need.

Cheers anyway :thumbup:

Could you not email the ' boffins' at Orange?

I would say ring them, but the call would probably cost you half the operating fees of a South American Army, given what call centres charge for such services.

Edited by mcrew

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..