is it any wonder

Cod120

why so many of the original ukdirt members have chosen to stop racing and being an active part on this forum. threads like This imo show ukdirt in a negative way. if i wasn't familiar with ukdirt and someone said to me you should join this online racing thing and pointed me in the direction of the forum and i read pish like that thread i would not sign up. this forum at one time had sensible and informative threads in it but now they are far and few between. if you want to start stupid idiotic threads like that 1 go get a free forum theres loads out there and stop tarnishing ukdirt in a negative way.

Well said Cod. :appl: I know I'm not one of the 'original' ukdirt member's,but i can tell how much the league has gone down hill from when I use to watch my dad race a few year's ago,even though Kev does a brilliant job of this forum,aswell as all admin member's in the mod's.I also have to say that I do not think it's just down to 'us kids',not all of us are as immature as other's and some of us try to keep the league as fun as possible for everyone.I just hope that some of the idiot's in this league get sorted out so the 'ukdirt original's' come back again like yourself.

Edited by grant

why so many of the original ukdirt members have chosen to stop racing and being an active part on this forum. threads like This imo show ukdirt in a negative way. if i wasn't familiar with ukdirt and someone said to me you should join this online racing thing and pointed me in the direction of the forum and i read pish like that thread i would not sign up. this forum at one time had sensible and informative threads in it but now they are far and few between. if you want to start stupid idiotic threads like that 1 go get a free forum theres loads out there and stop tarnishing ukdirt in a negative way.

Agreed Cod, if they keep on then they will find themselves with sod all to do in the evenings it seems as they wont be able to post on here anymore.

Neither are UK Dirt registered and one of them has made their feelings about us quite well known on another forum before.....

http://www.ovalbangerchat.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10468

You need to be logged in to view it but does make for interesting reading from someone who does seem to like to use the UK Dirt forum quite a bit :shrug:

Cheers

Andy

Just a point to make here, not wanting to get into an argument or anything.

I think that the original post was just meant to be funny in a silly kind of way, like one of those random things that everyone seems to post in. I think it was some of the replies more than the actual topic that caused a fuss. And, in my opinion, it was rightfully closed.

Again, I dont want to cause an argument or whatever, just my point of view :thumbs_up:

Craig

agree with u m8 I like to post my thoughts,opinions,or have just a bit of banter and I dont like causing arguements as I find uk dirt a brilliant league to race and think most of the folk on uk dirt are sound and are always willing to help newbies out . Just thought I would add my opinion . :thumbs_up:

walker

Spot on cc! i think the thread was posted as a bit of a laugh for people to be random in lol but i think that some people only come on here to slag other certain people off and vice versa!

i allways try to help people and like to give my opinion and have a laugh! allways spamming the forum with banter lol

good post good post!

brucie 159!

Guest Scrapman53

I think that's been discussed before and it didn't happen. Probably due to the fact that there's people on here that do a lot for the League (i.e rFactor to name one reason), so you can't close it to all non paying members.

Edited by Scrapman53

Spot on cc! i think the thread was posted as a bit of a laugh for people to be random in lol but i think that some people only come on here to slag other certain people off and vice versa!

i allways try to help people and like to give my opinion and have a laugh! allways spamming the forum with banter lol

good post good post!

brucie 159!

Excatly! :banana2:

well i signed up when i was signed up to ukdirt which expired april and i only post skin painting, off topic and rl racing.. But people might think i'm quick at having ago at someone, but i don't see that as the case i just speak my mind if people don't like it they can speak to me on msn :coffee: i know i posted at braderz but i'm not being funny but he wound me up with his comment about liking to cause arguements and then about southeners which were just uncalled for :thumbs_down: the thread was ment as a joke which turned up as an arguement and this isn't the only forum getting like this tnb for example alot of the new drivers are quick to complain and moan and generally cause arguements which is a shame cause it discourages everyone from racing :thumbs_down::thumbs_down:

cheers

Theres not a problem with non-payed up members :scared15: using the forum, its the immature few that just want to flame each other ( not slinging mud in anyones general direction.)

The main problem is you get your pre-pubesent, pre-teens, chav scum registering on the forum, and after one sniff to many from an open can of shandy, they want to slag off/fight the world. :banghead2:

OK, there is plenty of banter in the banger forum between certain teams/members, but atleast that does not resort to blatant personal attacks in every single post, and most of that posted is very humourous.

Is there not some agreement when idiots, I mean chav scum, I mean new members join the forum, where by they agree not to cause trouble/be abusive to others etc etc?

If so, its simple, Admin just boot them from the from the forum.

Edited by mcrew

Being one of the 'immature' ones ;) all i can say is, if you dont want me, get rid of me?

I like 99% of the people on here, thats why i post here, its just the few who you can probably name for yourself through a comibnation of thier on track actions and on here get anoying. Im not the person who will sit here n get pissed of and say nothing, so i post what i feel... forums are for opinions arnt they?

I have never raced online in any UkDirt or free league, but I still like to contribute

For example, I made Baby Grand Heat, and I'm working on my BMW banger

I think the forum should be open to everyone, because many non-members contribute greatly and improve online racing :thumbup:

I find 'argument threads' ruin the forum, but I try to just ignore them

They don't help anyone :thumbs_down:

Cant exactly call myself one of the orignal Ukdirt bunch(joined the forum in dec02-not this 1, the one before the one before this lol) and started racing in march03.

I tend to just read the forum now though, only posts I make really are in the hotrod admin bit, or posting up the mi or results, cause quite a lot of other stuff written on seems to be people either posting pointless stuff or stirring up an argument, although its only a small minority, if i want to read arguments i can go elsewhere :banghead2:

thats my input lol, i'll go hide in a box again

I see your point that some non ukdirt members do contribute to make models etc for the league, but it was only what i thought off and didn't mean to cause any trouble.

Recently there has been people joining the forum and posting loads of rubbish, Braderz516 for a example, he nevered raced Ukdirt and looked like he only joined to cause arguments. All people like him should be kicked off the forum and the forum would be much better, wouldn't it?

:blink:

So in conclusion; A man walks into a bar, meets an eleven year old who starts an argument, everyone in the bar joins in, things get heated until the premises are closed down by the authorities.

Must be a lesson there somewhere. :shrug:

When I was reading through I thought how old is this guy ? Wasnt too suprised at 11.

Maybe 11 year olds are a bit blunt sometimes and dont think of the concequences of just what they`re banging out on the keyboard.

You can give `em some leeway `cos their only 11 or ignore them altogether.

I guess the same thing applies to people at the other end of the scale........ like me... ;)

Cant exactly call myself one of the orignal Ukdirt bunch(joined the forum in dec02-not this 1, the one before the one before this lol) and started racing in march03.

I tend to just read the forum now though, only posts I make really are in the hotrod admin bit, or posting up the mi or results, cause quite a lot of other stuff written on seems to be people either posting pointless stuff or stirring up an argument, although its only a small minority, if i want to read arguments i can go elsewhere :banghead2:

thats my input lol, i'll go hide in a box again

Here here m8 as you know its was your fault i started racing all those years ago back in the days when the banter was as much fun as the racing but now people seem to take every comment to seriously if they did that back then when someone took the [b][color=red]FILTERED[/color][/b] or had a laugh i would have woken up with a sheeps head on my pillow years ago loooooooooooool . I like sim mainly just read and dont post anymore but i am hopping to start racing rods and ssc again but i keep thinking is it worth spending my nights off listening to people argue ..... im not sure but i do hope to return to racing

didn't mean to cause any trouble

nor did I :thumbs_up:

Just look at the ages of those posting cod, its kids being kids. Shame its on a public forum and i dont like the gay bashing by braderz, but we were all young and stupid once.

Neither are UK Dirt registered and one of them has made their feelings about us quite well known on another forum before.....

http://www.ovalbangerchat.co.uk/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10468

You need to be logged in to view it but does make for interesting reading from someone who does seem to like to use the UK Dirt forum quite a bit :shrug:

Sorry about that - got stressed after my posts about my forum got deleted.

Just look at the ages of those posting cod, its kids being kids. Shame its on a public forum and i dont like the gay bashing by braderz, but we were all young and stupid once.

i agree partly with what you say m8 but look at it the way i am 90% of ukdirt is made up from mature members with the other 10% being kids. sure i like a laff and joke but i wouldnt dare post my disliking of another member either on the forum or in a signature. i for 1 am sick of reading posts with enough shoite to fertilize a 20 acre field. i reluctantly paid my jolt fees for this year and up till now nothing has spurred me to think about racing or renewing my fee's next year. we rely on members funding for the servers and there is a minority on this forum showing ukdirt as not a very friendly place. the reason i dont race anymore is i cant be (_,_)'d with the you did this why did you do that im telling my mummy you hit me into the fence. i once made the fatal mistake of spitting the dummy and had a go at a member i went to bed still angry about my race being wrecked and woke up in the morning and thought i made a complete (.) of myself last night. since then i did my talking on the track. (ask daveyboy when he was leading the British f1 on the last bend hehe). if many of the mature members were to adopt the same views and feelings i have about ukdirt now ask yourself how long jolt is going to be here for. we rely on fresh members to help finance jolt, website, and forum and as i stated in my original post i do not think the forum represents ukdirt in a positive way with stupid posts like several members have posted.

i for 1 am sick of reading posts with enough shoite to fertilize a 20 acre field. .

:rofl::rofl: cod :thumbup:

I think that Martin's "Man walks into a bar" thread got ruined by him.

What doesent?

:rofl:

Nothing probably.

P.S. Sorry about the offensive post I put on Ovalchat before. It was well out of order.

posts with enough shoite to fertilize a 20 acre field

i like your wording there :rofl:

i see your point :thumbs_up:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..