Buying a HD ready lcd tv

swerve

lo lads.

im looking to buy my 1st hd ready lcd tv, i guessing a few on you own them already , for your ps3's , hd dvd etc. just wondering what you went for , how you rate it. Any thing you dont like when playing games on them.

im looking at getting this one, so many to choose from tho

http://www.hdtvorg.co.uk/reviews/lcd/Panas..._TX32LXD700.htm

cheers in advice for any comments

ive got a 32" samsung one.... it looks the business...

plasmas are also as good but if u play car games a lot may leave screen burn on it which is a mark left from the pixels on it or something....(im 13 btw)

plasmas are normally better picture in a dark room as it lights up the room more..... we have a 43" pioneer one that cost quite a bit....

lcds tend to be favoured mroe for games as the quality is generally brighter....

http://www.samsung.com/uk/products/televis...26r87bdxxeu.asp it looks like that one but i dont know the series (all i can say is it is one of the greatest tvs ive ever had....)

hope this helps.....

oh yeh

prices... for a decent plasma ure looking at £2000 tops and above £1250

for a lcd one..... £500 to £1000 is a rough idea

hoope i helped you if nto confuse you

Thanks for that, im drawn to the panasonic or samsung at the mo.

saw the samsung m87 series in shop today . it was awesome.

Edited by swerve

Guest Trash

I have a 32" Polaroid HD screen which is very good for the price. Got it from Dixons for £399.99 and the picture quality is excellent. BluRay films on the PS3 are mindblowing!

Nice price you got on that TV dude. :thumbup:

Here is my 40" Samsung HD LCD TV. Which supports upto 1080p

Oh and the pic has me playing rFactor on it.......... I wish lol. :scared15:

post-598-1184842707_thumb.jpg

This is the one I got the other day...

http://www.currys.co.uk/martprd/store/cur_...p;category_oid=

I got the exact same TV in a local shop, and haggled the price and saved a bit extra :thumbup:

Done lots of research and its one of the best for the size and price range, thats why I chose it.

I don't have HD TV channels, just my Xbox 360. Samsung are great for 360's because some of them have a special mode called "Game Mode" which makes the games look even better, in the highest HD resolution.

Price wise you get what you pay for, you can pick up 32 inch HD TV's for around £300, but the quality won't be as good, such as the "Contrast Ratio" won't be anywhere near as high, so it may be worth forking out the extra money if you can.

When Microsoft where developing the 360 they worked with Samsung, and the demo 360's in shops all use Samsung screens with Game Mode turned on. So Samsung is the way to go :thumbup:

Edited by Rikard

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..