Crash To Desktop

Guest Scrapman53

Guest Scrapman53

I got a CTD at Sexbierum last night. It happened just as the server was changing from practice to qualifying. This is only the 2nd time this has happened since I got rFactor.

Has anyone else had this happen since the beta was released? And is there a log saved anywhere to say what caused the problem?

I got a CTD at Sexbierum last night. It happened just as the server was changing from practice to qualifying. This is only the 2nd time this has happened since I got rFactor.

Has anyone else had this happen since the beta was released? And is there a log saved anywhere to say what caused the problem?

I haven't had the problem with the beta but I have had the problem with sexberium m8, about 3 months ago, something to do with one of the trackside objects missing. I reinstalled the track and all's been fine since (as with all of the rf stuff, delete the track folder then reinstall)

as I say, it's been fine since, hope it fixes it for ya

Scrap I just think RF has a brain fart once in a while. Something Im working on, loaded, and says missing this gmt? What was odd, I had the folder open and it was in there. Closed RF, opened it back up, and it worked fine. I have so much installed in RF, Im sure there is just a conflict from time to time and the game gets confused. It doesnt happen that often, but has happened to me, just like the servers not showing up. did that since day 1. :banghead2:

Talking of track problesm, on the the shale version of Ippy(Not tried the others) if you escape during qualifying it adds another lap so if they are restricted you get a DQ.

Its an RF issue. After you cross the line stop, do not pull into the pits. Since the xsectors are so close, once you cross xsector1, it counts it as your doing another lap.

Talking of track problesm, on the the shale version of Ippy(Not tried the others) if you escape during qualifying it adds another lap so if they are restricted you get a DQ.

Its an RF issue. After you cross the line stop, do not pull into the pits. Since the xsectors are so close, once you cross xsector1, it counts it as your doing another lap.

I know the AIW can be a bit funny when the sectors are so close. Thanks for the explanation just pit is easier I guess

Guest Scrapman53

So is the log on the desktop when you get a CTD? I've never paid any attention as it's only happened twice and I've just wanted to get back in the game as quick as possible.

We ran into a problem with someone having the wrong files. This problem was due to them "getting mod from a buddy" an older version of the beta mod. You can not overwrite these files. First you need to del the orig veh folder. Since some of the files are the same, you will get conflicting files in RF, and that can make it crash. You also need to del any RFM for Brisca or F1 Stock car files. And the last trick is you need to del the cch file. It will be briscaf1, f1stockcar, or something of the sorts.

These files are located here...

Veh C:\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles

RFM C:\rFactor\rFm

CCH C:\rFactor\UserData\"your user name"

This could be why some of you are having problems. This goes for all beta testers also, please del the old stuff, it is no longer good. The rest of the cars will get released here in the near future.

We ran into a problem with someone having the wrong files. This problem was due to them "getting mod from a buddy" an older version of the beta mod. You can not overwrite these files. First you need to del the orig veh folder. Since some of the files are the same, you will get conflicting files in RF, and that can make it crash. You also need to del any RFM for Brisca or F1 Stock car files. And the last trick is you need to del the cch file. It will be briscaf1, f1stockcar, or something of the sorts.

These files are located here...

Veh C:\rFactor\GameData\Vehicles

RFM C:\rFactor\rFm

CCH C:\rFactor\UserData\"your user name"

This could be why some of you are having problems. This goes for all beta testers also, please del the old stuff, it is no longer good. The rest of the cars will get released here in the near future.

:thumbs_up: cheers m8, i'll try this later

Guest Scrapman53

I've had another 2 CTDs. Another at Sexbierum between sessions. And one tonight at Ipswich tar when I was on track. Bummer. :shrug:

I've had another 2 CTDs. Another at Sexbierum between sessions. And one tonight at Ipswich tar when I was on track. Bummer. :shrug:

I suggest maybe do another full RF install, and just install the F1's and see what happens. I havent had RF crash in a couple months now. I have been in game almost every single day the past month working on a couple projects. Scrap have you tried other mods? If that dont work, its Pedz fault ;):scared15:

Were you hosting a race btw?

Edited by freew67

Guest Scrapman53

I haven't had a problem with other mods. I think I had one crash when testing months ago and it's never happened again until I put the Beta in. I'll try a fresh install of the tracks and the mod before I race tonight and see what happens.

Guest Scrapman53

Try re installing the mod Prydie. Delete all the files that Freew said to delete first earlier in this thread before installing it again.

PS. I've done this, so I'll see how it goes tonight.

Edited by Scrapman53

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..