Off to the races!

Matt

Hey guys, on Wednesday, I will be going to my local track for the first time this year, yeah, it's really late, but, the petrol pries have been killer. I will be sure to take a lot of photos, and post them when I get back from holidays, next Monday.

On tap for the night.

Double X-Car features (bookend the night)

Super X cars (Like the X-Cars, but, V8)

XModifieds.

Legends cars.

Watch this space, I will defintly have pictures! And, most likely, a short video of one of the XCar features.

Edited by Matt

Guest Trash

Have a good time Matt, but just one thing...

NEVER come on a Uk/European website and moan about gas/petrol prices!! To fill my car up in the Uk (a normal mid size family 4 door) costs about $100-$110 dollars in U.S. money! It's nearly 2 dollars a litre here, not a gallon!

You have it good!

True, but, I just re-iterate what my mom says, considerig her car gets 14mpg, on a good day, lol.

Get a different car then! lol

What about something like a Diesel Focus? get 50 odd mpg doing 55mph on a freeway no problem.

Plus diesel is cheeper then petrol in the USA?

:2:

Edited by Rikard

Hey guys, on Wednesday, I will be going to my local track for the first time this year, yeah, it's really late, but, the petrol pries have been killer.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Of course U.S. Gallon is only 3.75 litres and an Imperial Gallon is 4.25 litres.......

.....O.K. we`re still being ripped off.... :shrug:

Photos should be interesting Matt, hope to get back out to Florida myself for November and visit another track.

mmmmm more photos..

:thumbup:

Regards Biffo

Well, an interesting night it was, about ten SuperX cars were taken out at the end of the first lap, in a huge melee. Unfortunatly, I was eating ice cream at the time, and the camera couldn't be operated. :( (Days of Thunder excuse!)

I got three videos, the first two laps ofthe XModified, Legend, and Xcars second feature. All should be posted up within the week. Along with the pictures I got.

Well, an interesting night it was, about ten SuperX cars were taken out at the end of the first lap, in a huge melee. Unfortunatly, I was eating ice cream at the time, and the camera couldn't be operated. :( (Days of Thunder excuse!)

I got three videos, the first two laps ofthe XModified, Legend, and Xcars second feature. All should be posted up within the week. Along with the pictures I got.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :thumbup: Excellent

......hope the Ice Cream was worth it.....

I also went to the track last night. They had the NEMA midgets on hand. Imagine a World of Outlaws sprint car, half sized, with a 4-cylinder motor. They completed a 25 lap feature in 6min, 08sec. Absolutely amazing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for that. Ace Track & Ace Cars :2:

Great track for the Legends and the V8 X-Modifieds sound thunderous!

It looks a great atmospheric track at night, I used to love spectating at tracks when the lighting was slightly 'underpowered' ...not so good for filming at though lol

:thumbup: Great work Matt..

Reminded me of the old Sunshine Raceway in Tampa Fl. before it was closed down to build a new highway.

They raced similar cars there.

Nothing like a large herd of , brain rattling, V8 motors powering down the straight.

Liked the last race best, didnt think that #47 would make it safely round the outside but he managed it and won, have seen those walls rip the side off a car before now when you get it wrong..!

Nice to know its not all NASCAR out there, plenty of quarter mile Raceways too.

:2:

I believe 16, and, you can't just be any punter, I also think you have to prove to be competent enough to drive well. You can't drive these like a BTCC car, as they are open wheel, and WILL take flight.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..