Ford Consul Capri 1500GT files

reg126

Well classic car lovers...here's the latest creation...and not even used online yet...but well tested offline.

The model uses a few more polys than many uk dirt cars but still runs at 4400 for full main file including damage layers. Painting options are a bit more variable than some models and tried to get as much right as possible. (even down to badge missing on drivers side front wing....in lower rear bit...apparently the "FORD" badge was to inform passengers as the driver should know he was driving a ford so they didnt fit it on the drivers side.

Doorplate lovers can add their own if desired by pasting them in.

The centre bit on rear panel is the fuel filler hole... paste it over with a number plate if you wish...and also you can fill in the recessed rear panel bit with aluminium trim if you want...if you can fins a picture to copy from.

car file entry is concapri .

Template is currently in flattened form only....layered to follow in a few days.

[attachmentid=18156]

[attachmentid=18157]

post-962-1186175958.jpg

consul_capri_file_and_flattened_template.zip

and download file is called "consul capri file and FLATTENED template download"

and eriks next "easy to make" car will be....

I dont use the main painting programs of paintshop or photoshop...hence I get a friend to layer them in psd form. I use an older MICROGRAFX program for skinpainting and template work using layers in that programs form when needed.

Here's a few screen shots of the finished model using a test skin that is liberally sprinkled with signwork and other silly graphics rather than a serious race skin. The reason for this type of skin is that it was created for use in creating the damage layers in max. By using this type of skin when doing damage, distortion of panels can be kept to a minimum so signs hopefully dont end up looking silly or unrealistic on the finished item. While it cant rule out all potential odd looking spots ..it does help in getting a better model overall. :rolleyes:

[attachmentid=18164]

[attachmentid=18165]

[attachmentid=18166]

[attachmentid=18167]

post-962-1186179425.jpg

post-962-1186179437.jpg

post-962-1186179454.jpg

post-962-1186179479.jpg

The template was built up in layers but using the micrografx software...I could send out a layered micrografx template but as others templates are in psd form ...best to keep to that format.

As for it being a tricky subject ...it certainly was. The front and back panels are fairly tricky and getting the model and template to work well together took some time to get looking right. Even the recessed panel where the headlights sit is not square on to the front of the car...as the inner headlights sit slightly in front of the outer ones.. The grille is poitioned forward of that and meant the grille sides needed to modelled very carefully so they lined up with the template. The air intake bit under the bumper is also modelled in relief though simplified from the real thing as poly limits do need to be watched.

On the back end, part of the fins are also part of the boot lid edge so for skinpainting purposes the boot edge lines were painted in on the template so ppl end up with fairly decent lines when doing skins.

Overall the template has quite a lot of painted in detail and shading as quality photos were not really available...best side image needed much alteration dealing with brightspots and shadows and reflections. Front and rear panels are mostly constructed from slight angle photos that have been adjusted ,reshaded, and detail added in by pasting or painting. Bonnet and boot upper faces were built up and all detail painted in...hopefully to give a good representation of the real thing.

The template may look a little clumsy but has been contructed that way for some very good reasons and produces some very good skins that work well in game.

By the way...when travelling on my little holiday one of these lovely cars was in the same traffic jam on the M6 near Blackpool.

:thumbup:

Nice one Reg, the Capri being the Coupe version of the Ford Classic, which had 4 doors and the Anglia like backwindow, otherwise much the same car.

Dont know if theres many left to Banger race now but heres one I damaged earlier (Ringwood 1975).

[attachmentid=18180]

[attachmentid=18181]

[attachmentid=18182]

Yes I know one sides purple and one sides yellow but these things happen when you`re short of paint.

Interesting shape, only stopped `cos the throttle linkage broke. Fixed it then drove it back down to the pit area and back onto the trailer.

Happy Days - Biffo

post-997-1186255928.jpg

post-997-1186256052_thumb.jpg

post-997-1186256112_thumb.jpg

And not only but also..... :coffee:

According to my Cloudnine Classics year book...

The Consul Classic had height of 143cm and weight of 930 kg (production line of 84,694)

The Consul Capri had a height of 138 cm and weight of 882 kg (production line of 18,716)

Top speed 81 mph

To get that into context Ford produced more Anglia Estate cars than both of the above added together (104,000)

:blahblah: O.K. I`ll go now......

Great pics and info BIFFO....suprised to see a classic last as long as 1975 as they were known to rot very quickly and very few survived that long..mainly being a banger of the early 70's period. Nice to hear it still drove on the trailer though..proper stuff.

For the anoraks....the capri and classic were 8 inches shorter than an A60... Take off the A60'S large bumpers and the light fittings and they are probably within an inch of each other. Width wise the capri and classic were 3 inches wider than an A60.

Luckily the 1500 GT Capris had a bit more pace...and was the first car to have the 1500 gt engine. May well make a classic model in future ..but have it more in line with the A60 for performance in game.

ps the classic was also made in 2 door form...

MK3 Zodiac will be the next car to roll off the production line.

done a minor fix on rear to stop edges showing through by rear light area caused by a smoothing operation on max ...download fixed file with layered template here.lol.. I am a bit fussy ...so wasnt prepared toi let it spoil the model. :2:

[attachmentid=18190]

hmm thinking about a ford classic ....will have to make it so sides can be painted different colours...so BIFFO can paint an authentic skin of his fabulous 1975 car.

5aug_updated_concapri_car_file_and_layered_template.zip

....suprised to see a classic last as long as 1975 as they were known to rot very quickly and very few survived that long..mainly being a banger of the early 70's period.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

:rolleyes: The Classic cost £5 from a someone at work (failed MOT) and got £10 afterwards for the remains down at the scrapyard, not a bad day out me thinks........

....meanwhile look what I`ve found, again from the 1970`s

[attachmentid=18191]

Spedeworth Stock Cars at Ipswich White top Robert Wolf`s Capri.

[attachmentid=18192]

Spedeworth Stock Cars at Aldershot, Alan Burtenshaw`s Capri, dont I know that number from some where ? ...... LOL

post-997-1186326807_thumb.jpg

post-997-1186326831_thumb.jpg

nice work reg,, nice to see you getting the hang of damage they getting better and better still would look better jacked up in last layer pacecar49 /pacecar41 but u'll get there wd m8 :thumbs_up:

Posting in the skin painting forum? Is this wise.... :rofl:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..