Ringwood Raceway

Munster

Hi all

Maybe...bad news for another track it seems.

Details below found on the council website.

"Planning Application for the Demolition of Matchams Stadium and Ancillary Structures, and Redevelopment of the Whole Matchams Stadium Site for 40 Residential Units and Offices"

So Ringwood will be gone if it all go's ahead, yet another track closing and probably never replaced! You can help by objecting to the planning, you can do it online it'll take 5 minutes! and it WILL help, every objection counts and will help towards keeping the site.

The link below will take you direct to the page you need to add your objection and comments, just a few words will be fine..."great track" "keep the track" "keep the site" "no more houses" :shrug: I added a fair bit but just a basic few words will be great :thumbs_up:

Some people may not like who's running the track at the moment, but think of the locals that race and watch there, some drivers don't have the money or time to travel to other tracks so it's the local tracks that keep us involved.

It'll only take 5 minutes :thumbs_up:

>> Click HERE to Object <<

Thanks!

:thumbs_down:

Quoting from the Forum August 2006 ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Either they`re not bothered (Spedeworth) about losing the Stadium or maybe they know more than they claim ?

The Echo say that Eaglebeam are considering their future on the site and there is a fear that the Development Company are to lodge a planning application to build houses on the site.

Only time will tell on that one - but it doesn`t sound good."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Twelve months later and here we are objecting to Planning permission, suprise, suprise. :blink:

But having landowners of the site that are really just land developers is like having the good Dr.Harold Shipman in charge of the N.H.S.

They`re not interested in the stadium and land they`re just waiting for the Goose to lay the Golden egg , or planning permission as its known these days, if granted the value of the site will sky rocket and some people will make an awful lot of money.

Given that part of the deal seems to be that some of the site will become a preservation area as well as 40 houses and the Green anti Motor car propaganda going about these days I think they`ve timed their plan perfectly and I`m sure the short sighted East Dorest District Coucil just love the idea. :shrug:

Well heres what I told them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Customer objects to the Planning Application.

Comments:

Yet another amenity which attracts thousands of visitors to the area on the chopping block for East Dorset District Council.

After many years visiting Matchams Stadium for Motor Sport events, almost Forty years now, it saddens me to learn of this plan to finish with this historic track and replace it with housing. Surely there is enough space in the area for more housing with out destroying this unique venue, which has co-operated with all of the regulations and restrictions placed upon the various promoters by yourselves over the years.

The site could have a bright future given the right to survive .

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Get objecting , its all we`ve got left I`m afraid :banghead2:

Biffo

Matchams.txt

done mine and said it all (well most of it) in capital letters to let them know that they are ruining peoples lifes doing this..... also i said it in capital letters to get it into the thick politicians heads :rolleyes:

i will be really sorry to see this track go... if it does.....

is there a certain amount of people that need to object before a certain time like most petitions...???

Edited by Lee

is there a certain amount of people that need to object before a certain time like most petitions...???

Planning applications aren't decided on the basis of how many people give their views, they are decided on the validity and strength of the arguments both for and against (Or is it based on who pays the most! :scared15: )

Biffo's example is great, if you are going to vote against it, try to give a good reason, it'll help a lot more. It'll be a great shame to see yet another track disappear for good :thumbs_down:

Planning applications aren't decided on the basis of how many people give their views, they are decided on the validity and strength of the arguments both for and against

Or that's what they tell you anyway. In most cases, I think it'll come down to whether it suits the local 'little Hitlers' or not. If it does, you can object all you want but it'll still go ahead.

Personally I've never been to Ringwood, but as others have said, it will be a shame to see another track lost :thumbs_down: (even if it is run by Spedeworth)

Would be a shame to see it go as i had plans to go there sometime later on this year.....and for that matter my comments are currently being sent

(even if it WAS run by Spedeworth)

Quick correction for you erik :scared15:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..