Virus?

Ryano

I've just been sent a suspicious file on msn which then killed my msn almost completely....its called 'webshot16' or something along the lines of that.....it sends itself to everyone on your contact list whos online at that time, anyone know how to get rid of it? (I was stupid enough to run the program inside the zip :banghead2: that may have caused the virus to start killing my msn and so on )

i got hit by this little while back.

the way i found is to system restore back a few days

from when the problem started. so if it started today restore to yesterday

it worked for me and i havent had no hassle since. hope this helps :thumbs_up:

Im No computer wizz how do i do a system restore .. i got the poxy thing

Cheers

On XP

Start Button --> All Programs --> Accessories --> System Tools --> System Restore

Then follow the Wizard, be careful though, as some times people can loose files for good, so It may be worth backing up your important files first :thumbs_up:

Edited by Rikard

dont mean to teach you to suck eggs lads, but why dont you get in the habit of scanning your files with your virus scanner before opening them, thus saving the hassle of trying to remove a virus from your system lol :thumbup: d'err

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..