Mk3 Ford Zodiac Preview

reg126

Here's some screenshots of my latest project under construction. Its an early version so will need adjustments and uses a skin designed for practical mapping and template line gauging etc. Mk3 zodiacs were cool bangers in the 70's and I have wanted to see on in the game..and so has LAKEY!!!

[attachmentid=18408]

[attachmentid=18409]

[attachmentid=18410]

[attachmentid=18411]

post-962-1187051840.jpg

post-962-1187051854.jpg

post-962-1187051867.jpg

post-962-1187051881.jpg

Edited by reg126

To check on car sizing in game I have been looking up some dimensions on the internet. The figures all seem to quote with bumpers fitted. Though in game many cars done have them this needs to be taken into account. Sometimes bumpers are large and extend well away from the body and sometimes not so each car needs to be considered carefully. For scaling purposes in game Nickm's mk2 granny saloon is used. How accurate dimensionally it is ...I dont have a clue as yet but it looks convincingly enough correct.

Anyway ..heres the figures for the MK3 Zodiac Length 15ft 1 inch

Width 5ft 9inches

MK2 granada saloon Length 15ft 2inches

Width 5ft 10.5 inches

As the bumpers on both cars protude about the same amount in game...the cars should be about identical in size when seen in game.

I also checked my consul capri model in a similar way and it should be about identical in length with the MK V cortina saloon in length and a little narrower.

I am not advocating that all cars should be checked dimensionally throughout as that would be unreasonable but having reasonable dimensions of the car being modelled can help in scaling it against the mk2 granada.

Another class car from the 70's. Great work Reg. You're producing more cars in a month than British Leyland used to do!

Scale wize it looks spot-on.

Now all that's needed is 'old-skool' tracks such as Hednesford with the sleepers, bromford stand, push-me pull you car and panic wagon :rofl:

Also has anyone created New Brighton...!?

Also has anyone created New Brighton...!?

I'm thinking about doing the model, but I'll be hopeless at getting it in the game :scared15:

Top model Reg :appl:

The MK3 Zodiac is progressing well. Adjustments been done so main model and template detail now all done. Damage layers have been completed ...so just the LOD files to do. Could have posted taster piccies up for you all...but you will all have to wait. Car should hopefully be finished by the weekend so you can try it then. cheers reg 126.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..