New Track Released

MarcG

http://www.rfactorcentral.com/detail.cfm?I...0I69%20Speedway

1/4mile dirt oval, real world track from the US, might come in handy for the F1s!*

*if it goes anti-clockwise of course :P

It does. graphics are a bit bland and turning the correct way to get of the garage the first time. Having said that being banked and bumpy makes it a different challenge to the sexberium or ippy dirt

Its total garbage. They have less track grip in some sections then we do at Bell. They use standard 2k3 textures of 256x256 and 512x512. The grass texture is probably in 90% of the 2k3 tracks out there. Im usually not one knock anyones hard work, but these guys just seem to not get it. RF offers so much more to the user, that wont tax the average computer. They claim this is for fps, but 2k3 is a dx7 game. It was designed with dx7, so yeah the avg comp today should have no problem running pac man. Hence why Im saying, its not worth the download... just my personal opinion is all...

Its total garbage. They have less track grip in some sections then we do at Bell. They use standard 2k3 textures of 256x256 and 512x512. The grass texture is probably in 90% of the 2k3 tracks out there. Im usually not one knock anyones hard work, but these guys just seem to not get it. RF offers so much more to the user, that wont tax the average computer. They claim this is for fps, but 2k3 is a dx7 game. It was designed with dx7, so yeah the avg comp today should have no problem running pac man. Hence why Im saying, its not worth the download... just my personal opinion is all...

track grip could be a problem but if its fun to play online then that'll count for something, poor textures worrys me though and I agree I want to see track makers use rFs technology more often.

track grip could be a problem but if its fun to play online then that'll count for something, poor textures worrys me though and I agree I want to see track makers use rFs technology more often.

I feel it will only work with a few selected mods. Marc thats what I was getting at, so many resources out there to improve your work, why not use them?

I feel it will only work with a few selected mods. Marc thats what I was getting at, so many resources out there to improve your work, why not use them?

yeah it was the same back in the Unreal level designing days, so many just converted levels to the newer engine/game without taking advantages of the new stuff....I of course spent months playing with the new stuff :)

I'll give the track a try later although I'm not in the F1 mood today!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..