Fantasy Track

TheGreenGenie

Looking good, keep up the good work. Poly limits for rFactor are simply huge if things are done correctly, LOD's etc. Half a million polys is possible for big circuits but you shouldn't need or use anywhere near that amount for a short oval track. As Splinter says, use as few as possible, just because you can use the a set amount doesn't mean you should, always optimise.

Edited by Nick M48

The track surface at Birm is only 230 polys, just the track. At Sexbierum, the track, pits, infield (minus birms and mounds), and edges around track are a little over 3000 polys. You can have great detail, with not a huge amount of polys. Have to remember on shorties, you draw everything often, and fast. What poly count is your track? Track looks very good, great start!

Think next gen :)

There's nothing worse imo than a track with lovely track detail and textures, but which has blocky corners where you can see the individual polys, instead of a nice smooth curve. In the grand scheme of things it' a pointless compromise to make, especially with today's graphics cards which can push huge numbers of polys. The material, shader and texture settings have far more of an effect.

Just my opinion of course.

Nice work on the track so far!

Edited by AndyG

OMG gimme chance, I only started yesterday :rofl: and i'm just trying to learn what to do hahaha

lol you and me both m8 :), track looks a good base......further info on trackmaking hints and tips (poly counts for track sections are useful, poly counts for scenery etc etc) would be greatly appreciated ;)

Is it ready yet :scared15: when can we download? :rolleyes:

OMG gimme chance, I only started yesterday :rofl: and i'm just trying to learn what to do hahaha

hehe, sorry, but someone always asks a stupid question like that. The basic track looks very good so far.

Guest kempy475

where is brum and tht i wanna download it but cannot find it anywhere and is there any other tracks i should be lookin for lol :2::2: part from tht the game is so gooood

No there isn't really at the moment Hutch. They're all bigger, based on the US sized tracks, etc

click here: http://www.rfactorcentral.com/list.cfm?cat=Tracks

On that page move "All Tracks" tab to "Dirt Ovals" and click GO. You will see the one's you can download. There's 5 or 6.

Kiwi Speedway's alrite though lol (if only the straights weren't so long)

Edited by splinter

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use, Privacy Policy and Guidelines. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..